[EL Server] Multiplayer set up issue with dual NICs *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
LightItUp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LightItUp »

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro as my OS.

I'm attempting to set up a dedicated server on a system that is using two NICs; one is my standard network connection and the second is an iSCSI connection to my storage using a crossover cable.

The issue is that the Server is picking up the iSCSI IP as the default. When I specify the correct IP in the text8.dat config it puts both IPs into the local IP settings.

The end result is that I cannot connect using the direct connect function nor telnet to the server on the ports specified.

I have also tried manually setting my NIC priorities using the interface metrix but it has no effect on the server Local IP. Windows 10 has depreciated the Adapters and Binding advanced network settings so I can't make changes there but my iSCSI adapter is set higher priority in that case. Maybe the server is looking at that for nic priority?

Any help would be appreciated.

[file]1131[/file]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Hmm, haven't seen two IP's get entered like that. I'll check the codebase for the server program and see if it's set to append rather than take a single IP value (the latter is what it should do).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It is a full replacement value when entered into line 500 of the text8.dat config file. If a value is entered there, it will also override any that are automatically detected. So the only way it would appear both could be listed is if line 500 contains both some how. Maybe verify that 500 is on its own line with a proper terminator on the end and no other address listed (nothing in line 501 either for now).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
LightItUp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LightItUp »

Thanks for the reply... I found the issue.

I entered my static local IP information on line 237. As soon as I deleted that and moved it to line 500 it worked fine.