[EL 1.0098] Can't start training in the middle

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
badken
Ensign
Ensign

Post by badken »

I have gone through all sections of training I order from the beginning and everything worked fine (but the drones at the end kicked my ass!). Then I played the game for a few hours, no problems. However when I went back to look at the Navigation Console training section again, it didn't work right. The training started, but when I hit F1, the navigation screen didn't appear. I tried a couple of other sections and had similar problems. The planet descent training, when it came time to fly down to the planet, didn't do anything, it just skipped to the next section and said good job. The other console training sections didn't work either, the keyboard didn't do anything.

I'm using keyboard and mouse to control the game, no changes there, and as I say, the training worked okay the first time when I started from the beginning.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Not sure on that one. Almost sounds like the keyboard was not sending signals properly and/or just certain keys weren't working. If you exit and restart the game, does the problem continue?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
badken
Ensign
Ensign

Post by badken »

Yes, I quit and restarted the game several times to try to get it to work. I even tried again after restarting my computer yesterday. Normal gameplay works just fine, so I don't think it's a system or hardware issue.

I just now tried creating a new pilot and going straight to the navigation training, and it worked just fine. Either something is getting messed up by completing all the training using All Sections, or something is happening to my pilot's info after playing the game for a while.

Annnd I just tried it again using my first pilot and it worked. Maybe it was because that pilot was in the middle of a quest yesterday? Weird. I'll let you know if I can make it happen again. I realize there's not much you can do about a problem that can't be reliably repeated.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Wow, that is strange. I once had my USB keyboard get hit with a static charge of some kind, which disabled certain key functions and/or locked some on. Something like that might produce it. Or there could be an issue in the game when going from regular gameplay back to a particular training mode, but I don't know what that might be as everything is cleared and reset when doing that.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations