One thing I'd like to mod. Jump text in Target Reticule.

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SamKillitson »

When you jump, just before and after, there is yellow text and numerals in the center of the target reticule that indicate I think the distance per jump you are capable and the distance you need to jump.

My question is, would it be possible to move this info down a little from the reticules center and also maybe increase the size of the text by, double or even a little more? I can barely read this information.
If so what method would you use to attempt this and what files would that fall under in the kit?

Thanks for looking.
:)

[Edited on 5-1-2015 by SamKillitson]
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I think that it is possible to mod the combat targeting part of the HUD and the data readouts at the sides but I'm not sure about the distance to destination info - it's next to the jump target marker at the moment because the jump target is showing where you're heading.

Marvin's Travel Buddy show this info and quite a bit more in a small window that you can position where you want - it tell you estimated distance, fuel requirement and time to destination & warns you if you are going to run out of fuel.

You can get it from SeeJay's site

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SamKillitson »

OooWeee, how did I miss that?
Thanks Dave!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o I need to check and see which version(s) of the Travel Buddy are available at SeeJay's website. Evidently at least one version causes problems with screen placement. (Although I use the Buddy on two totally different screen ratios without any glitches.)
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SamKillitson »

From post: 176555, Topic: tid=11892, author=Marvin wrote::o I need to check and see which version(s) of the Travel Buddy are available at SeeJay's website. Evidently at least one version causes problems with screen placement. (Although I use the Buddy on two totally different screen ratios without any glitches.)
It was the TravelBuddy_v3.0_&_v3.1_with_source.zip by Noesis Marvin.

Do you know what I need to do to get the mouse to use the entire screen again. I think it is something in savedata.text but I'm not sure what to edit. It looks like I can just delete it and it will remake itself. I'll back it up and try.

That didn't work lol.

[Edited on 5-2-2015 by SamKillitson]

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I attached a copy of my own Travel Buddy at the bottom of this thread: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... 331&page=9

As for your difficulty with the mouse, I've read of similar problems in other threads ... but didn't pay much attention since it's not a situation I've had with any of my monitors (of various sizes and types). IIRC, Vice is the guy with the answers to the mouse problem.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SamKillitson »

From post: 176565, Topic: tid=11892, author=Marvin wrote:I attached a copy of my own Travel Buddy at the bottom of this thread: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... 331&page=9

As for your difficulty with the mouse, I've read of similar problems in other threads ... but didn't pay much attention since it's not a situation I've had with any of my monitors (of various sizes and types). IIRC, Vice is the guy with the answers to the mouse problem.
10 40,

I somehow got it to go back across to the left while in game but still won't move all the way to the right in game. In the start menu where you load pilot its cut short both directions but it doesn't seem to matter in either case as far as gameplay goes.
I think I'll be alright lol. :P

You know what they say, if you go looking for problems, you are sure to find them!

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o I think there's a fix for that. Maybe somebody who has had the same problem will point you in the right direction.