Evochron Mercenary: VoiceAttack profile 1.0

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hola.

I've created this profile for VoiceAttack.

With voiceattack you can send orders using your microphone.

This is the list of commands - Action: (Using the default keyboard config)

Download

General
Start Systems - (Start the variables of voiceattack, this is the first order you need!)
Save - Save the current game
Clear - Clear the text area
Close - Close voiceattack
Walker - Deploy/Save the Terrain Walker

Consoles:
Inventory - Open/Close the Inventory Console
Navigation - Open/Close the Navigation Console
Trade - Open/Close the Trade console

Flight/Contracts
Jettison - Jettison Cargo
Match Speed - Match speed with target
MDTS - Activate/Deactivate MDTS
Mode - Activate/Deactivate IDS
Form - Form with a target
ids five - Set the IDS in five
ids one - Set the IDS in one
Autopilot - Activate/Deactivate Autopilot
Thrusters Down - IDS - 1
Thrusters Down - IDS + 1
Tractor Beam - Initialize/Finalize Tractor Beam
Follow - Follow the current target (Alt+V)

Target/Combat
Boost - Afterburner 7 secs
Clan - Send Clan link
Change Missile - Change the missile order
Countermeasures - Launch countermeasures
Energy Down - Put all energy to Shields
Energy Up - Put all energy to Weapons
Exit - Open the game menu
Shields - Equalize Shields
Stealth - Start/Finish the stealth generator
Stop - Stop the Afterburner (For the "Boost" command)
Subsystems - Target the subsystems
Next - Target the Next Ship
Target - Target the nearest hostile
Target in crosshair - Target the ship in your crosshair

Gui/Views
Interface - Change the HUD Interface
Panel - Switch between the MDF modes
Front view - Front view
Left View - Left View
Right View - Right View
Top View - Top View
Rear View - Rear View

Hope you like.

Regards!

[Edited on 7-1-2015 by _-Caleb-_]
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Nice, I use VoiceAttack also coupled with Ivona's Sally TTS to give me audible feedback.
Valander
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Valander »

I decided that this was so cool, I had to have it. And then I went a little OCD and kinda programmed a whole bunch more, and made some other changes and stuff.

I'm pretty impressed with how flexible VoiceAttack is! I like the fact that you can override the Listen Mode to require a prefix, so you can easily do the whole "Jarvis..." or "Computer..." or whatever you like, just like Galaxian's ANNA system (which looked awesome, but I had already grabbed VoiceAttack, so went there).

Anyway, here's my own profile file, and HTML reference. I set it so that you have a few alternate ways to issue the same command, and it will pick a random response from the list for each command. Also, I used the various Condition Variables VoiceAttack supports to have truly toggle type functions; you won't accidentally close your inventory by saying "Open inventory panel" again--it will only send the key binding if the panel is actually open (tracked by a variable).

Also, you will probably want to go into the profile and edit the "Welcome" message to have your callsign instead of mine. :P

[file]972[/file]

[Edited on 1-18-2015 by Valander] updated profile to use Direct-X send

[file]973[/file]

[Edited on 1-18-2015 by Valander]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Wow, great!

Thanks for complete the profile Valander :D

EDIT: I have this message when import the profile:

10:21:29 - UNABLE TO EXECUTE PROFILE INITIALIZE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE.
Regards!

[Edited on 18-1-2015 by _-Caleb-_]
Valander
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Valander »

From post: 175047, Topic: tid=11777, author=_-Caleb-_ wrote:Wow, great!

Thanks for complete the profile Valander :D

EDIT: I have this message when import the profile:

10:21:29 - UNABLE TO EXECUTE PROFILE INITIALIZE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE.
Regards!

[Edited on 18-1-2015 by _-Caleb-_]
Hm, that's a weird one. Looked a bit on other forums, and it looks like that may be a message that shows up when your VoiceAttack is a previous version to the one that was used to create the profile. Try updating your VoiceAttack and see if that goes away. FWIW, I'm running VoiceAttack 1.5.7.

Also, I have added even more crap, because I'm having fun with it. Here's an updated file. Highlights include:

* Added "Set IDS level X" to set to specific IDS level (yes, I figured out how to do that, regardless of what level it's currently set at).
* Added a "reset to default values" to reset VA variables to "expected" norms. You might want to open the profile and edit that one to make sure the values are actually your defaults.
* Added several combat-related commands
* Minor fixes to some commands after in-game play testing.

Some other fun stuff I found: if you don't like the default Microsoft Anna voice for TTS, you can change the engine used and grab other (free) voices to use! Rather than repeat everything, I'll just provide the same link I used: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... n7-8-64bit

Enjoy, and definitely report any strange behaviors, command requests, etc.!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

From post: 175048, Topic: tid=11777, author=Valander wrote: Some other fun stuff I found: if you don't like the default Microsoft Anna voice for TTS
Ivona (Salli) I think is well worth the investment. I use her for everything from ATC to reading my papers back to me. She seems to be the most popular.

http://www.ivona.com/us/

[Edited on 1-18-2015 by Ohsirus]

Valander
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Valander »

From post: 175049, Topic: tid=11777, author=Ohsirus wrote:
From post: 175048, Topic: tid=11777, author=Valander wrote: Some other fun stuff I found: if you don't like the default Microsoft Anna voice for TTS
Ivona (Salli) I think is well worth the investment. I use her for everything from ATC to reading my papers back to me. She seems to be the most popular.

http://www.ivona.com/us/

Yeah, I've heard lots of good things about Ivona. Might actually blow the cash to grab that pack.

In the meantime, another small update which mostly contains bug fixes, and some command cleanup (now that I'm getting more and more comfortable with VoiceAttack's scripting).

HTML file now also includes the commands actually run.
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Mmm i have the last version of VA and same error with your profile:

20:57:18 - UNABLE TO EXECUTE PROFILE INITIALIZE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE.

:S
Valander
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Valander »

From post: 175104, Topic: tid=11777, author=_-Caleb-_ wrote:Mmm i have the last version of VA and same error with your profile:

20:57:18 - UNABLE TO EXECUTE PROFILE INITIALIZE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE.

:S
Odd. Not sure. I'll dig into it today and see if I can figure something out. Do you have any VA plugins at all? I grabbed one for VA Math, but I thought I cleared everything that used it (initially I thought I needed it for loop control, but found a way that didn't require it).

As it is, I've made some tweaks last night, so will probably just upload an updated version today/tonight anyway. ;)

Edit:

Ah, i think I may have found the issue. From here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/voiceat ... S38h4rhcIJ

It looks like if the profile automatically executes a command on load (which mine does), it can error on export/import. Lemme see if I can figure out a work around so you can at least import the thing, but it sounds like VA itself might not have a fix for that yet. Worst case, i can export a version that doesn't have the auto-execute, and you should be able to import it then re-add it if you want.

[Edited on 1-24-2015 by Valander]
Valander
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Valander »

Ok, that was the deal. I unset the auto-execute of a command on profile load, exported the profile, and re-imported it and I didn't get that error. Prior to doing that, when I tried re-importing the previous versions, I got the same error as you did, Caleb. So, hopefully this fixes it.

Also, added a few other things here and there. See the included HTML reference file. I strongly recommend going into the profile settings after importing it and re-enabling the auto-execution, but you can also ignore that and just manually execute that when required.
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Thanks Valander, now it works fine, without the error message at the launch :)
Valander
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Valander »

From post: 175107, Topic: tid=11777, author=_-Caleb-_ wrote:Thanks Valander, now it works fine, without the error message at the launch :)
Woo-hoo!

Make sure to let me know if you have any thoughts on other commands and stuff, and if you find any errors. I'm really loving playing with VoiceAttack. Now if I could get the custom HUD and cockpit to load... but that's a different thread. :)