Almost Back

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Cindy
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by Cindy »

After taking an extended leave to deal with real life problems and complications along with a move that isn't quite complete yet, I am just stopping in to say that I'm almost back. I hope to see the friends I've made flying again soon so that I can shoot them down. ;) :cool: One always needs something to destroy after a hard day at work, right? :P Anyway... I've missed ya'll and plan to be flying again once my desktop arrives (hopefully in one piece without water damage - its traveling in a cardboard box in a non-enclosed horse trailer lol). Please let me know when ya'll are able to fly so that maybe I can catch ya on - on the days I work, I can't fly until after 1am EST (work goes from early evening until midnight - perfect for the night owl hehehe); and on the days I don't work, I can't fly until after 9pm EST. Anyway... just thought I'd stop in and say hi. Hope to be back soon... with a decent internet connection. :cool:
A country gal with a heart of gold and a delight for blowing up spacecraft! :)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Almost Back

Post by DaveK »

Great news! :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by PaulB »

From post: 172897, Topic: tid=11619, author=Cindy wrote:After taking an extended leave to deal with real life problems and complications along with a move that isn't quite complete yet, I am just stopping in to say that I'm almost back. I hope to see the friends I've made flying again soon so that I can shoot them down. ;) :cool: One always needs something to destroy after a hard day at work, right? :P Anyway... I've missed ya'll and plan to be flying again once my desktop arrives (hopefully in one piece without water damage - its traveling in a cardboard box in a non-enclosed horse trailer lol). Please let me know when ya'll are able to fly so that maybe I can catch ya on - on the days I work, I can't fly until after 1am EST (work goes from early evening until midnight - perfect for the night owl hehehe); and on the days I don't work, I can't fly until after 9pm EST. Anyway... just thought I'd stop in and say hi. Hope to be back soon... with a decent internet connection. :cool:
I'll have to try and get on MP some and it will be easier for me after midnight (partly because of my sleep disorders and because my Verizon wireless is a lot more responsive after everyone else has gone to bed).
It will be good to have a female presence again.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Rubber Chicken ??? I have seen him since about June or July, since the big flap over clans and stations and all that. Seems like a number of folks kinda vanished.

He seemed like a nice guy.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Almost Back

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 172908, Topic: tid=11619, author=PaulB wrote:
From post: 172897, Topic: tid=11619, author=Cindy wrote:After taking an extended leave to deal with real life problems and complications along with a move that isn't quite complete yet, I am just stopping in to say that I'm almost back. I hope to see the friends I've made flying again soon so that I can shoot them down. ;) :cool: One always needs something to destroy after a hard day at work, right? :P Anyway... I've missed ya'll and plan to be flying again once my desktop arrives (hopefully in one piece without water damage - its traveling in a cardboard box in a non-enclosed horse trailer lol). Please let me know when ya'll are able to fly so that maybe I can catch ya on - on the days I work, I can't fly until after 1am EST (work goes from early evening until midnight - perfect for the night owl hehehe); and on the days I don't work, I can't fly until after 9pm EST. Anyway... just thought I'd stop in and say hi. Hope to be back soon... with a decent internet connection. :cool:
I'll have to try and get on MP some and it will be easier for me after midnight (partly because of my sleep disorders and because my Verizon wireless is a lot more responsive after everyone else has gone to bed).
It will be good to have a female presence again.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Rubber Chicken ??? I have seen him since about June or July, since the big flap over clans and stations and all that. Seems like a number of folks kinda vanished.

He seemed like a nice guy.
I ate him! Tasted a bit funny tho!:D
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Almost Back

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Being as he is rubber, don't be surprised if he bounces back. ;)
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Almost Back

Post by SeeJay »

Good to see you back as well Cin.

We miss the "bad ass pilots" out there. ;)

I've actually started playing a bit myself on the MP only server (retroverse) starting from scratch.

See you on the "wrong" end of my guns gal! :o

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Busch
Captain
Captain

Almost Back

Post by Busch »

***NOTICE TO PILOTS - MENACE TO NAVIGATION: VETRAN PILOT CINDY***

1. Save early, save often.
2. Stealth won't help.
3. When in doubt, RUN!
4. Buena suarte' y buena fortuna! (Good luck & best of fortune!)

***TEXT ENDS***

Good to hear you're on the return, Cin! I still haven't managed to get those concentric target rings off my ship's hull...:P:P:P:P:P:P ;)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Cindy
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by Cindy »

Ok, an update...

1. I have officially finished moving - other than the few boxes in the closet over there. :P
2. I have decided that I love my freedom! The freedoms that most people take for granted - deciding what to eat, when to eat, who to hang out with, who to date, when to sleep, when to shop, what to wear, etc. - I have recently found! And I am so happy with them! Sure, I get homesick, but a visit home would cure that ... or even thinking what my life used to be like! Majorly I miss TheMom. And Kat and the rest of my family. Its gonna be a hard Thanksgiving. But I wouldn't give my newly found freedoms up for anyone!
3. Having a car is expensive, but allows me so much more freedom! (Its a 2001 Chevy Blazer if anyone is interested.)
4. I have decent speed internet for gaming, but it is limited. :/ If I can find ways to get another $30/month, I'll be around much more - well that and the ability to fly in a straight line. :P
5. I really miss ya'll.
6. I miss having time to write - now that my room is mostly clean, I think that I can start writing again.
7. I'll be playing here fairly soon and may even introduce one of my friends (in-person! Wow! Who would've thought?!) to the game here pretty soon. I've told him that I'm a decent teacher, but only if you don't frustrate me. What do you guys think? Will I be able to teach him how to fight without dying too many times?
8. I've started on my second book while trying to finish up my first book. The release is scheduled for Christmas. Message me if you are interested in more info on how my writing is going - I'll try to keep anyone interested up-to-date.
9. Working is fun. For those of you who think that its a drag to work, just imagine your freedoms being taken away. It is a privilege to be able to work for a living.
10. College has become a no-go. Please don't judge me. I'll probably go next year, but for now, I'm doing my best to learn about this crazy world. If ya'll are curious, most people think that I come from a Hutterite (mis-spelled probably) colony or from an Amish community. I really am baffled by the big "real" world. I'm thankful that my neighbor and counselor made sure that I at least was able to order food on my own. The normal things for ya'll are so hard for me most days.
11. I still hate hospitals. I'm trying to get insurance again so that I can go to the hospital. At the moment, I am on antibiotics (so I'm kinda bipolar - this is ya'lls warning!). I apparently have a disease that causes really bad infections, can cause skin cancer, and if it gets bad enough - apparently it kills you. Tons of fun. The hospital is trying to patiently wait for me to get insurance, but the doctor is not happy with me wanting to wait to have the needed surgery. :P He can be upset though - it hasn't killed me yet and I ain't givin' up that easily! :cool: I'm a fighter, a warrior, and I'm getting stronger through the trials of this life. :)
Cindy
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by Cindy »

Oh... and I'm online now and bored! Come shoot me down! Or at least try to! :P lol
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by PaulB »

One of my online friend's hubby had a heart attack and subsequently some brain damage so will never work again.
They got one of the new obama care insurance programs.
I don't know the Gov web site but I'm sure you can google it and see what's available in your area. Of course you have to pay but maybe there is something affordable. They are fairly happy with the one they got.
I don't know your situation but you could chack and see if you might qualify for Medicaid. If you disease were to considered a disability you could apply for SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) but the problem there is that even if you were approved there is something like a 1 year wait before they put you on Medicare.

P.S. I think this is the Gov web site for the health ins programs.
Obama care Health programs

Each state has a Medicaid web site where you can get info on medicaid.
Some states have other health insurance programs for those that quality but you wil have to google you state and try to find out - I don't know how else to find out.
I know California and Washington State do have such programs.

[Edited on 10-30-2014 by PaulB]
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Almost Back

Post by SeeJay »

Great to see you back Cin.

Hope you get your medical stuff sorted out. It must be a pain with that medical system you have over there.

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Almost Back

Post by DaveK »

Welcome back My Lady :D

Have you got round to riding yet? It seems to be very therapeutic. I certainly find that being around horses and grooming Duke helps me to chill.

It's good to hear that you're seriously considering restarting your writing.

Fingers crossed (and legs and toes and arms and anything else I can cross) with the medical hassles. It makes me realise how lucky we are in the UK having the NHS! ;)

I'll try to get on in the evenings - you can use me for demo target practice during your lessons :P

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Almost Back

Post by Marvin »

I have decided that I love my freedom! The freedoms that most people take for granted ....
:cool: I never knew that to be the case ... leastwise, not for any young adults I knew who were making their first foray into independence.
Kambalo
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Almost Back

Post by Kambalo »

OK what area is PG 13 so I can fly there without bullies killing me? :D :D
Seek and ye shall find. The Creator
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Almost Back

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Usually, the entire Evoverse is G rated. Unless you're talking about the AI ... if that's your question, then try Sapphire, Atlas or Sol.
Kambalo
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Almost Back

Post by Kambalo »

Awesome I really like C rated C for carebear, casual, comical crasher kind of player in the demo I already managed to crash three times in a row against a roid trying to jump. LOL thanks that I had save the game. :D:D
Seek and ye shall find. The Creator
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by Capt_Caveman »

glad your back, good to see you flying again :)
Cindy
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by Cindy »

Oh wow. It has been a long time, hasn't it? I remember the days when I promised myself that I would never grow up and become so dull and boring as the other adults that I knew... but... guess what? I have become one of those things which I despised. (Although I'm still a kid at heart.) I figured that I'd take a break from school work and check in with you all.

1. TheMom has returned to my new area and has helped me finish the unpacking process. There are still a few things that I need to clean up and organise, but my room finally feels clean! And put together! Its like... oh my... an adult actually might live here. lol
2. I am still enjoying my freedoms, but life is confusing, other adults are confusing, and my stability is not... well... rock hard... more like... sandy at best.
3. I can afford to fly more often, but am not finding the time to do so. I work 10-15 hours a week thanks to my stability taking a few hits. I also am enrolled in college full-time (Marvin, Dave, SeeJay, R.C., Captain, you all are welcome. :) And thanks be to you and everyone else who encouraged me to go on to college.) and am pursuing the treacherous task of maintaining a relationship - even though my beau is not interested in flying through space... he's worse than the TheMom was at keeping said spacecraft in space without getting blown up by one thing or another or me. lol
4. My second book is coming along alright... it is interesting writing a sci-fi romance novel. My first book signing went by without a problem and I only said "um" 3 times! Plus the 3 times I said "um" while on the radio station. Local people keep stopping me and asking "You are that author, aren't you? That one who was in the paper?". It gets old, especially when I am not selling as many books as I'd like to.
5. I got my insurance, but my medical and mental problems still persist. Trying to go to school and work is stressful, especially when facing the challenges of making enough to make ends meet. Hopefully hours will start picking back up in April or May and I can start paying off bills. In the meantime, I'm so grateful to my friends and family who have been giving me the means to stay afloat until I can start making enough again. I'm also so grateful for the few people who have gone out of their way to help me who don't even know me.

I really do miss you all and would love to be able to catch up with you all. What has been going on in the Evoverse? Who should I worry about killing if I can get on at the right times? When is a good time to fly?

I need to get back to my college classes - a research paper, a speech, social science, and natural science. I am hoping to be done with them in a couple of more weeks. I started college February 2nd and so far have finished 22/115 credits (7/49 classes). My first term ends July 31st and my reasonable goal is to have 58 credits finished... my unreasonably, probably unattainable goal is to get 97 credits completed by the end of this term. I want to get my Bachelors degree before I turn 21 at any rate. :cool:
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Almost Back

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Good to hear you are still around to terrorize the Evoverse, Cindy. :) If there's anybody I'd 'want' trying to vaporize my ship it would be you. :P

@ Paul B. - I'm still around, but have been spending more time in Reallife sector. It's a bit of a bummer not being in the cockpit as often, but I have found some improvements in my circumstances.

@ SeeJay - I must refute your statement that you 'ate' me. There's no sauce hot enough to kill that aftertaste before it kills you! :o Still, MUCH LOVE for the fine pilots of [HB]! :cool:

If I can I'll probably be lurking around on the servers and seeing what the landscape of the MP community looks like nowadays.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Almost Back

Post by Marvin »

From post: 175419, Topic: tid=11619, author=Cindy wrote:Local people keep stopping me and asking "You are that author, aren't you? That one who was in the paper?". It gets old, especially when I am not selling as many books as I'd like to.
:cool: You should read Terry Pratchett's first attempt at a Discworld book (Strata). Probably only sold 'cause it was offered at the Science Fiction Book Club. Then compare it to his later Discworld stories ... which have consistently made the Best Seller list. Being a "known" author can be an advantage.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Almost Back

Post by Iron man »

Wb! Hope see you around Again after my laptop get fixed.
All luck for your medical.
steam name : x iron man