starwraith.com unavailable on mobile devices

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

Looks like a server bug: the link starwraith.com and hence all following links like forum notifications throw an error on my mobile phone (android on Moto-G). I'm pretty sure it's not my specific device (though maybe a server issue with android?) but check for yourself. Just to keep you informed... :)
deep space trader
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

This is likely a result of changes Google has made to the Chrome Mobile browser, related to a new ‘feature’ Google added last year to their mobile web browser. They use a data compression proxy system that doesn’t directly deliver web content to a mobile browser, but instead funnels it through one of their own servers and then out to a mobile browser. This has a side effect of indicating to a web server that the connection is not direct and is instead, a proxy through a secondary remote system. Some websites/webhosts/servers do not allow this as it is a common tactic for spammers, bots, etc. I had thought recent changes made to the server configuration had resolved it, but perhaps they've made more changes since then. Please e-mail me (starwraith.com > contact) a copy of the error message you are seeing and I can look into it further.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It appears google recently changed one of the header values for their data compression proxy system. I have updated the website to detect the new value and tests so far show it to be working well. So the website should now be fully compatible with Chrome mobile users with or without data compression on.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
picommander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by picommander »

Yep, works now indeed. Always impressive how fast you are fixing bugs, you are awesome man! :cool:
deep space trader
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Just got a smart phone a couple of months ago, should try this when I have a chance!......not enough hours in a day!....LOL....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good