[EM 2.808] issue Station detonator *INFO*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

Hello there,
Sorry This post I've been maybe replied but I would like to know if a slow connection could make this issue?
I used there are a couple of min ago 2 detonator station for destroy one station on olympus prime server. The position of the station was :
998 sx
0sy
1500sz

I want add a precision this is not the first time that happened to me. :o Seems the station doesn't really appreciate I wake them up :cool:

[Edited on 5-1-2014 by Iron man]

[Edited on 5-1-2014 by Iron man]
steam name : x iron man
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

2.788 isn't a valid version for multiplayer connections anymore. Update to the newest and try again. ;)
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Also, when using a station detonator, don't aim for the docking bay. Instead, aim for the blue brackets which indicate the center of the station.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

Sorry Chicken I did a missspealing I'm using the lasted version of the game 2.808.

Thx you Marvin I will try how you said later on.

But the things is after the countdown the station explose my game save but I don't receive the message : the station .... pos ... have been destroyed. them when I jump back the station is still here :o
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Could be your client is out of synch with the server. The server will only allow the destruction sequence to be accepted if both are properly in synch. If either the server or the client are out of synch, then the destroy request won't be allowed. Check your client system to make sure it's not improperly overclocked or otherwise improperly effecting the pace of the game, then you can have the server operator check the same thing on their end (that server might be one that has had a timing issue in the past). You can also check build and destroy cycles on other servers to narrow down if it might be a client issue or server issue. Sounds like one or the other was just off slightly enough to deny the first destroy request, but allow the second.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

Alright thank you for all theses ideas. Im going have a try later on. I will try blow a station on cety alpha v server and see how is going.
Now you told me that yes that true i always meet this issue on olympus prime fr server. Might be a,problem beetween server and client?
Im sure players miaz meet same issue in the past as well on same server.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

I was not able stay more than 1 min on cety alpha because of my connection. Im sorry it will be hard make a new test shortly. Im going to send a message to privateer and see how the things going.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

I destroyed a couple of station on cety alpha V server for tested and it apear had no problem.