Rooster's Flight Log

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Just stopping in to say hello. Anyone still tinkering in space?
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

Welcome back.

I pop in every now and then! ;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Good to see you again. I still pop in too, but I've been doing 99% of my flights in single player - when I have time.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

Hi! Welcome back :D At the moment I'm working out of my wife's MUCH smaller office and so don't have my stick set up! Hope to be back in MP soon!

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

HOLY COW! Good to see the group's holding up. I started a single player campain myself and it's still the same wonderful experience. I ordered a new PC and will start streaming soon. This game is on the list and i'm hoping that my personality will attract some viewers :) I'll post more info as I get it and a link to the stream when it's up.

As always, Fly Safe...don't be a chicken. (Hint Hint) :P
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Got your u2u Rooster. Sadly, there was some sort of glitch in a site update that has broken my ability to respond. :( Some things I'd say I just can't post here... Like that recipe for custom weapons that works ridonkulously well. :o
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Hahahahah =) no worries, Add me on steam (if you have it) Charlesnchrg
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Back in the saddle. Started in my simple ship in good ol' Sapphire and worked my way up to the wonderful Legacy. This ship should easily carry me to the end of this I.M.G debocle. They still don't trust me? I'm the flippin ROOSTER!

I got some good crew. Pay them well. More than any other ship, guaranteed. They risk their lives just being on this stone rolling through space. Every upgrade I get, they get a pay increase. Speaking of upgrades:

The weapons fab is where it's at. Took me some time to find the calibrations for the weapons of doom and I am currently using the exact same schematics that I got from the old crew. That old crew was Rubber Chicken, The Captain, Ms. Cindy, and the one and only Bush.

I flew a couple missions to get back into the combat and some of those fights brought me back to the days. The days where we'd take a lvl 1 pilot and get the Chimera in about 3 hours. Mission after mission. No FT's needed. That crew was so elite that the Warzone seemed to be just a pit stop. Capital ships with no chance of ever making it out. The Captain's Cylon mod making it even more epic. Nothing like killing Cylon's over and over again. They do that roll and you full reverse thrust and "FIRE EVERYTHING".....no chance for those AI buggers.

I remember when Ms. Cindy was teaching me to use FT's......I still don't use them btw. Never could understand the distance and timing. That little Ms could take out fleets with precision. Nothing like a woman with a nuke.

I now am in the process of increasing my wealth. I am about broke. Only sitting on a couple million and that just won't do. Farming for metal with with the Metal Beam is easy peasy and turning that into a 100k item is totally worth. Occasional Anti-Matter purcahses don't hurt either. When I get back up to....O, say 6 million, I'm gonna head back into pearl and try to work on my faction standing. I want to build a station in Pearl and being a sitting duck just won't cut it. The money should pour in after a week of work or so.

I spent so much time in the cockpit that I fell asleep with the beam on. The caachunk......caachunk.....caachunk of the recources sliding in...just put me out. After a stop in the head and completing the three S challenge......minus the shave of course and a quick smoke out on the smoke deck, I am back in it. Today's goal is simple:

8 Million
License on Arvoch Command in Pearl
Mission after mission for the dang'd navy until I can build my Pearl Station.

Fly Safe, Rooster
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 176328, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:When I get back up to....O, say 6 million, I'm gonna head back into pearl and try to work on my faction standing.
:cool: Keep in mind that, in MP, you can improve your standing with each faction ... but the government of Pearl will remain unimpressed.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I have a steam account, but I haven't gotten around to using it much as of late. If I'm up and flying and see you on, I'll send you a private in-game chat. ;)
I'd just use my R.C. tag when flying, but it seems to be instant troll bait - especially when there's no server moderator looking. :(

Hopefully we can make some Von burgers out of the warzones sometime soon. :cool:

[Edited on 4-23-2015 by Rubber Chicken]
-------------------
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

To Marvin: I am in SP atm and I don't fully understand what you are talking about with the MP faction ratings, Sir. I will look through some old posts and see if I can find some clues. :) You are the man, Marvin.

To The Chciken: Looks like you are having a rough go of it. :)

*Spoilers*

Today in space: Nothin ever goes according to plan. If only the Universe would follow the script that I wrote for it.

I made ton's more money that I expected. After farming a bit I just decided to do the Pearl trade route a couple times and amass a small fortune. Then I flew the Starmaster for a bit and switched to the Leviathan....it just looks so dang good.

I made some headway with the I.M.G and their ruthless untrusting nature. Funny thing is, they tell me to go and spy on another ship...hahahahahha. I am to the point now where I need to hire some crew. My last mission had me up against twelve ships and a so called "Ace." Well, i'm just gonna go out and hand pick (basically the first scum bags I see) my crew and go and wreck his crew. Once a Jet, always a Jet *snap* *snap* *snap* *pops collar*

I may dock this Civ frame for a bit. I miss my Mil ship so much when I'm in combat. The Starmaster can handle it's own but I'm in love with the Leviathan. I mean have you seen that thing?! That pretty face and that big ol' fat.....uhh....engine. It's any man's dream and mines named Betsy. Never met a nice Betsy and my girl is mean as all get out. She can't really fight though. Her weight...don't tell her I said that....Her weight keeps her grounded under fire and we don't get knocked around but her agility is well.....she can't run to the mailbox without getting winded. I mean she can get there and when she does she will cuss you up and down, it's just the travel time. Yes, yes, the Legacy is the Civ fighting frame....again...Betsy is a mean ol' lady to just betray on Legacy alone. :)

I did wreck some cap ships with her. That engine damage and her swayin that big ol' butt side to side while full power to the weps just wipes out that capital escape. BOOM BABY

I need to freshen up on my combat some. I can handle small amounts of fighters alone. Four and under with a cap ship. But you put 12 in front of me and I can't seem to get the inertial reverse down while I do that slid glide and pick em' off a little at a time. Herding cattle. Maybe i'm just getting bored with it. I really want to try this crew thing out. I have never had a small fleet. Always went atmo deep.

Maybe that's what tommorow has in store for this bird. Get me some chicks to join the Rooster Rocket.

Signing off. The morning is calling for me to park Betsy and fight for the military a bit. Those pesky Vonari are pushing my last nerve. Mill frame and a small army cluckin.

AMF: Rooster
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

I can't seem to get the inertial reverse down while I do that slid glide and pick em' off a little at a time.
:cool: It takes practice but can be extremely effective, even when drifting backward at less than 1200kps. Those AI simply insist on wasting their missiles, even though they always detonate short of the target (which is, of course, your ship). After that, you can mix it up.

;) When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way ... from your first cigarette to your last dying day.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

@ Rooster: But, alas, a Rubber Chicken by any other name, is still a Rubber Chicken. :P I might have some issues with a few socially-maladjusted space jocks, but I'm still here lurking in the void. Ain't getting rid of me that easy. :cool:

@ Marvin: Nice W.S.S. reference. :cool::cool:
-------------------
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 176344, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:@ Rooster: But, alas, a Rubber Chicken by any other name, is still a Rubber Chicken. :P I might have some issues with a few socially-maladjusted space jocks, but I'm still here lurking in the void. Ain't getting rid of me that easy. :cool:

@ Marvin: Nice W.S.S. reference. :cool::cool:
Can't get rid of that taste of burnt rubber completely!:P

Good to see you lurking in the shadows mate!;)

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Today in Space:

Gosh....it was rough. Did ton's in SP then I had to move to MP. Had to. I started a Combat Pilot. The whole reason to go MP is to fight with yo homies. If you don't have at least steady ping or great ping that fluctuates you will never kill anything. Makes those enemies turn invincible.

Servers

This is exactly what happened on the first server. Orion. I heard from the old troop that sometimes they fly there. It was a no brainer to make it my first stop. My ping was up and down...up and down. At first it was in the 150's, that is great. Then it jumped to the 250's. At that ping you stutter jump and your gun's do no damage. At one point my ping dropped to 25! O, dang, that is like giving me a license to kill. It was perfect. For all of thirty seconds. The first fight I got into I hear, "Caution, Missiles incoming." Now that tells me to go inert, turn, and shoot them down. Right? Nope. Half way into the turn; BOOM. Dead. The absolute worst part was there was a witness. A WITNESS!!!! Painful to die...much less having eye's on you. :)

The witness to my demise was Unbroken. Cheeks flushed and blood pressure rising, I said hello. Turns out this cat is the bee's knee's. Cool as ice. He must of carried me through five missions before I gave up on Orion. I decided to move and try another server.

We move on now to Chiron Beta. I wanted bad to love Orion but from my first little steps into the waters of Chiron...I knew, I knew this was where I needed to be. Ping was a wonderful 25 with high's in the 70's. No excuses here. No worries here. Smooth sailing....right?

Bahahahahahah, naaaaa. Not really. You remember all those little things like:

Crashing into the back of a Carrier
Fighting a Vonari Carrier
Crashing into the front of a Carrier
Jumping out of a Carrier
Keeping your speed up

.....ya....I didn't either. I died a handful of times.

What was the most impressive was the online community. It is way more populated than when I flew before. Here is a list of everyone I met and short little profile on them. (At least the profile in my head)

Unbroken This guy is way cool. Flew mission after mission with me and the whole time they had a positive attitude. Easily keeping my mood grounded. I do have a tendancy to go into orbit. ;)

PaulB Another chill pilot. Didn't fly with us but he was chatty and made space feel just a little better.

Sam, WJones Only saw them for a short time. They didn't say much so my profile is limited too......"IT GON RAIN." -Ollie Williams

*SPOILERS*
GhostRider Chatty and cool. Was exploring deep space. ok......So this is my only bone to pick. :D Not a big bone but a bone. We got a distress signal from a new pilot (will be mentioned at lenght later) that he was out of fuel. I was only a dozen jumps away and could easily get there. Ghost was 10,000 Leagues Under The Sea exploring deep space. So, I headed out. Flew to Evochron Station and opened the trade. The poor guy was out of fuel just below the docking bay against the station. I decided to ask if he wanted some tips. This is where the bone comes in. Ghost mentioned the jump drive that shall not be named.....why? Why in heavens name would you mention the top secret jump drive to a pilot that is on his first hour. Save the spoilers for the forum. I know it wasn't done out of mailce but it was done and the buck stops here.

IF a new pilot allows you to help them..do not mention your epic gear and force them to learn about things that make the experience so much more fun to learn yourself.
*END OF SPOILERS#

Wayniac This is the new pilot. Seem's like a chill individual. we didn't talk much. More like, got the job done.

I love to see new pilots. It makes me giggle remembering all the things I went through. Most people learn faster than me. I've been hard headed my whole life and pain usually effected me differently. I am a slow learner with a shot memory. :cool:

Now what is the best way to help a new pilot get some footing without ruining any aspect of the Verse? Why take them to farm Hydro in a nebula cloud and take them to the Sapphire Constructor to get a Fulcrum Drive 5. They will learn how to fast dock using there heading and altimeter. They will learn about farming everything you can see and how to use the Constructor. They will learn how to use Inertail mode and how to go faster than your ship's engine to escape a nebula could. Not to mention they will learn the vastness of space and the true size of Sapphire. They even get to use a gate to return back to Evochron Station. Gates, Constructors, Fulcrum Drives, O My.

Oblivion Wolf This pilot had connection issues. They were chatty for the short time that they were on and wanted to join in on the WZ but couldn't get a solid connection.

All in all space was full of fun and interaction. I was very impressed with the non toxic attitudes of everyone. I even had time to freshen up on my fight skills. I switched to my main ship and stored it in the hanger for a Mill frame swap. You know....I never really noticed how much I was paying the crew until I stored them. It seem's like every mission I get a message telling me how much they are getting paid to sit on their...engine.

It was rough flying at first. I couldn't keep my speed up and that left me open for attack on top of attack. I was so rusty with intertial combat that even fighting five ships would lead to a "fuel lvl low" warning. I was feeling like a complete noob. Then slowly things started to click. I always teach, "Little Victories." Win one thing at a time and soon it will all fall into place. It wasn't long before I could do a five by twenty-five contract on 375 units of fuel. The rope-a-dope and inertial reverse started feeling natural again. My headlong attack to the rear enemy slowly started working. No damage taken and very little overshoot.

I am by no means racing this pony of a ship but....I am back in the saddle.

AMF: Rooster
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Get out the popcorn..shots are about to be fired.

It was mostly a wonderful day. Ran some kick butt missions with some great pilots. Akuma is an amazing pilot. We only had time to run a couple but he always had my back and vice versa. Nothing like doing missions with awesome pilot's. I hope everyone get's a chance to fly with a group of pilots that are warriors. Mission after mission. It goes from a long drawn out fight to efficient killing.

The server was blessed with a visit from Mr. Marvin and The Great SeeJay. Both are a fountain of knowledge.

There was also some new pilots on. Again, so good to see the community grow. I can't wait to stream this game. The PC will be here the 29th. The community is what keeps me in the Verse. Great people with a similar love for space. Many of which are a thousand times smarter than me.

Now, down to business.

I had my first ever altercation. The first time I met a pilot that was straight out to make things harder on his fellow pilots.

I was gunned down during a WZ mission by my wingman, GhostRider. Take that in.....Let me go ahead and retell the event's leading up to why I feel this pilot had malice intent.

It started all kindy shady. I was doing War Zone missions in the Tailson WZ. Easy and fun. It was a little odd this time. I would take a mission like 5 ships by 20 waypoints. But, I would have 12 ships at each waypoint but the last one. I was mentioning it in chat and how it was kinda intense but fun. No cap ships, so there is nothing really to watch for on approach and retreat. Just herd the enemy and roll with it.

Well, during these missions I noticed that GhostRider was also completing the same missions as me. I couldn't see him on my scanner and I let it roll for a bit. His rank is high enough to know what he is doing. If he went afk and was sitting in a station to rank up...by all means. I have no problem with this. I eventually asked him, "What are you into?" He said he was just patrolling and killing reds. Now, take that one in. Have you ever "patrolled" the Talison WZ? At 1 point for every 10 kills it would take a long long time to rank up. His Chimera was well beyond the WZ and I assumed he was there to join in since my invite is always being posted.....but he decided to "patrol." I told him to just jump into the fights and help out.

It, is now us two fighting in the Tailson WZ. I would try to say things like "ready" or "save if you have too" and he would reply "I'm good." His rank is up a little and if he did it legit then he has done a ton of missions. So, I just took missions and saved and repaired as needed. He joined in on a couple of those fights.

During our third mission on the last waypoint out of four I died. I have been over extending a lot and trying to find my balance. I know this. My death count today was 1. One death. Well, when I died I said that it felt like a player kill. I know the difference between Vonari guns knocking me around and fast fire rate of a player gun. I took sustained fire from a player during a risky turn. I said risky not detramental. I knew that one Vonari would have a gun on me for a short time with my speed up. I also wanted to put some damage on the ship that was going to blow by me. All calculated. Besides...reverse thrust at 2200 would put all of the friendly's ahead of me and well out of combat.

I asked him..."Did you shoot me?" He said I may of shot you on accident. So I went to visit the smoke deck. No reason to cuss a pilot for an accident. I remember when I first started, I genuily tried to kill my wingman, Rubber Chicken before I realized it was him. I understand mistakes happen. They are also followed by "I'm sorry, I'm Sorry, my bad."

When I came back from the smoke deck the message waiting for me was, "Is there a problem?"

Let me explain one thing about that phrase. That phrase is what you say before you punch someone right in the face. It is a term used in the south to establish that the next thing you say is gonna get you knocked out.

Well, HECK ya we have problem now. I walked away and took a breather and this pilot has the nerve to ask me IF THERE IS A PROBLEM?! I have choked people out for less. I was on fire.

I told him that his actions where dirty and called him an A**hole. I told him I liked everyone but the guy that asks me if there is a problem. He called me a titty baby. (Another hint that he is old enough to know what he is saying and how he is saying it) I told him to stay away from me and I'll stay away from him.

Side Note: I have never been called a titty baby in real life. I think that term was before my time. I hope this dude isn't a hundred and senial. That would make me feel bad. You can't read emotion in text. Maybe, "Is there a problem." means something different for him. It could be just like saying hello. Or shaking hands. To me.....to me....it is not a good thing. It is a challenge extended to show dominance. To back down is to show weakness.

This all could of been avoided with a little courtesy. Just about anything else would of worked. "I'm sorry." "Shoot, my bad." "Whoops, it happens." So many options. Even saying nothing at all. But I get this dude.

I really hope that the best server for me isn't infected with more altercations from this pilot. I have no patience for most people and my temper does not allow me to back down.

To GhostRider, Defend yourself if you see fit. Don't ruin the MP for me or anyone else. Just stay away and have fun. I won't bother you.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I'm no analyst, but I do know that where I live the syntax is a bit different:

"Is there a problem?" is answered by either -
"Yes, condition (a) is preventing me/us from meeting condition (b), and therefore condition (c) - the place where we're chillin' - is out of reach. Help is appreciated."
or
"No, we'll be chillin' at point (c) soon."

Whereas (<- really a word. lol):

"WHAT's you're problem?" is usually answered with a head full of blurry vision and ringing ears. :(

As far as the "t*tty baby" slur, I've never heard that phrase before. If it is an insult from an older time, it TBO sounds to me like it's from a time when knuckles dragged on the ground and mathematical concepts only existed until fingers and toes where all counted, then the 'gods' had to handle the rest. :o

---

Really though, I can tell you, if you end up popping up in front of a team mate while they're firing, you're going to get hit. There should be little or no damage, as the polite thing to do for the inconvenienced shooter would be to promptly let off the trigger. Continuing to fire is just plain rude.

I can also tell you, that single AI - depending on their ship setup - CAN hit you just as hard as a real pvp player, if you've ended up stuck (on a bad flight path) within their target solution for more than a second or two.

...Just a couple things to consider if you end up shot up and can't figure where it came from.

I'm not saying this incident didn't happen, but I can't help confirm that it did.

Regardless, ...relax. Point (c)hillin' can be very hard to get back to once you've left it behind. Trust me, I know.
-------------------
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

I know who Ghostrider is, and he's an OK bloke. Perhaps your temper coloured your interpretation? :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

I usually fly with one Brit and one or two Italians. It's how the Evoverse is configured. So, when it comes to catch phrases, I ignore them unless they derive from some movie the so-called offending pilot might've seen. Such phrases as, "You talking to me?" (and even that phrase could be misconstrued when spoken by an Italian since most U.S. movies are translated into Italian and dubbed).

And, as RC said, an AI carrying a kinetic weapon can knock you around quite a bit ... even when you're flying something as heavy as a Mammoth. Other than that, since neither you nor the other guy was probably flying with a clan tag, it's unlikely he mistook you for a Vonari (competing clans are red to one another until they manually acknowledge their mutual friendliness).
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

^ Depending on the AI's setup, sheer volume of fire can also equal a player's, Banshee or not. Factor in a small group of them all with a firing solution on you, and yeah, you'll be running to the store to pick up a broom and dust pan for what's left of your backside. :D
-------------------
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

I'll say Chill and leave it behind you.

It's probably a misunderstanding, but if it's not, it's a game. Just enjoy it.

I understand you tho. I've been angry for a few reasons and it's not worth it. All in all, most players are very cool and nice, even if they kick your butt. RC is one. He is so nice and helpful, even when he hands your own butt to yourself. LOL.

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

Is there a way to mark a certain player red on the target UI?
I don't have a problem getting whacked in front of Evochron Station after a friendly hello One Time.
But twice would not sit well.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

Most "hostile" players will warn you ahead of time. If the pilot is flying the [BA] banner, he will only attack once (according to the BA code of ethics) ... 'though he will be more than happy to accommodate you if you then seek revenge. There are others who play both sides of the game, depending on which side of the bed (etc.) but, unless you're a veteran (we should know better than to trust such pilots), they will first ask you if you've saved lately ... that's the clue to either make yourself invisible or prepare for battle.

But, as far as I know, unless both you and your adversary are flying different clan tags, there's no way to turn the other guy red.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

I would suggest that as a feature for future development.
Fool me once, shame on me... Fool me twice, shame on me again? Not so good...
Only been fooled once so far.
The option to mark the Snake would be nice so that I would at least have the chance to act accordingly due to past behavior.
I'll stick to single player till I develop a bit more skill and build a decent ship.

[Edited on 4-25-2015 by SamKillitson]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Most players enjoy joining together in defense against an adversary ... and the names of the attackers are usually a give-away (Romulan, for example) and don't require tagging with red. Next time you find yourself under attack, transmit a request for assistance. If there's nobody around to help, do this:
  • Jump to a corner of the sector (any sector).
  • Set a jump point for another corner.
  • Watch for the offending pilot to show on your targeting monitor.
  • Jump to your set point.
  • Etc.
A sensor station can't be deployed close enough to the edges of a sector to cover the corners. Ergo, you're always safe from direct detection (unless the attacker is playing unfairly). He can find your sector but not your sub-sector location ... ergo, it's pure luck if he shows up.