Rooster's Flight Log

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Busch »

Thanks for the props, Rooster! Although, I'm not so sure the 'Infamous' isn't more like 'Notorious'. ;) :P

The group of us had a good rhythm going, during the various way-point melees. Reminds me a lot of 'Thee Olde Tymes'... and absent companions. And, 'splitting the sphere' as we did, is a great tactic for those Vonari cap ships and their attendant fleas. 'They' had no clue! As it should be! ;) Having a deploy constructor aboard for the shield array and repair stations, whilst 'in the fray', is very much an asset. Glad that you and RC got that sorted for the SkyRat - yourself as well.

As for an 'impossible war zone'.... I dunno. There's sort of a 'logical progression': Talison CZ, Cerulean WZ, Sierra WZ, and the Arvoch CZ. Each slightly more intense than the previous, combat missions-wise. Not sure that I'd like to tackle anything 'worse' than the Arvoch, without a full squadron (or three) of at least 'journeyman-level' human-flown ships. [I am including myself in that appellation as well - no delusions or illusions here. I've a fine appreciation of what exists of my strengths and weaknesses. ;) ] For me, for the now, one Von cap ship and its attendant hangers-on per way-point, in the Arvoch CZ, is a sufficiency. At two to five Von cap ships per mission, getting everyone engaged thru each way-point is a veritable challenge in and of itself as it is. Ahh, we'll see what occurs. Good thought, tho. :cool:

[Edited on 5-4-2014 by Busch]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Great times for sure! :)

I'd love to see an 'impossible zone', but there would have to be some conditions:

1: Not every mission is super-difficult, but there's a random chance of 'wrong intel' at the contract selection board.
You jump in expecting 1 fairly tough way point and the kitchen sink bounces off of your windshield instead. All the other 'normal' waypoints would still be highly challenging though.
There could also be 'emergency scramble' mission offered on the board. For those you would know what to expect.

2: It would have to be a forward-outpost close to Vonarion space, and you would either have to take the long way, or brave the shortcut + some autopilot time to get there.

3: A general location marker for the zone would only appear on the Quadrant Map once Legend/FADM rank was achieved. There would be no sector coordinates given, just a general area to search. - top secret stuff and all that. :) Whether one treats new or unranked pilots to the info once they get it would be a spoiler, but at their discretion.

4. Lose missions = lose rank points for mil. rank. Lose your FADM rank, and no more contracts offered from the secret base. Go back to the main zones and get your points back before you try again.

5. Players with less than Legend/FADM rank wouldn't link to full ranked pilots taking missions. There would be no waypoint set for them. Only Legend/FADM pilots would be offered missions from the base/carrier in the sector and link for co-op. Lower ranked players could be there, but they wouldn't get any missions offered. If they did follow an on-mission player to the waypoint, they would be able to fight, but wouldn't benefit from a mission completion. High-end loot (if any was dropped) would be the only reward for lower-ranked tag-alongs.

Well, at least that's my opinion....

[Edited on 5-4-2014 by Rubber Chicken]
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

Darn it. I would love to fly with you guy's.
Can't you move to Europe so we are awake at
the same time? ;-)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I'm on the East Coast USA. How many time zones are you ahead/behind? On weekends, I might make it a point to get a session in on your hours :cool: ...provided the difference isn't too extreme. :( I hope it's not.... :cool::cool:
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

I'm GMT+1 (UTC+1). Stockholm time.

New York +6 or Los Angeles +9.

I normally check servers at 11PM.
That would be 5 PM in NY and 2PM in LA.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I'd be 5pm. That's not bad really. :) I usually start my EM binges around 8-9pm.
-------------------
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

5. Players with less than Legend/FADM rank wouldn't link to full ranked pilots taking missions. There would be no waypoint set for them.
:o I disagree. What good is it to be a fleet commander if you have no fleet to command? I say, "Fleet ... form up! We're going into battle!"
Busch
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Busch »

Good point, Marv. How about the idea RC has espoused, only make it mil rank Commander (possibly Commodore, for the usual reasoning.) and Legend civ status instead ? Commensurate with the 'usual' offerings that Commander ranking entails. I agree with the general idea that something like this should be something to work towards, rather than it be a 'gimmee'. Maybe include the lesser mil ranked pilots, linked-in/co-opted for the 'principle fleet', so as not to be all that exclusive, or excluding. Fairness and balance - two primary watch-words here. Although, something like what Rooster suggests would make an excellent argument for a Corvette-class C-n-C ship. Maybe in my dreams..... :)

[is it just me, or did a hijack occur?]

[Edited on 5-5-2014 by Busch]
Commander
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 169672, Topic: tid=11331, author=Busch wrote:
[is it just me, or did a hijack occur?]
...I think we've stayed on-topic for discussions Rooster opened with his last log. :) Unless I missed something.
-------------------
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 169643, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:I wonder if Vice will add in an "Impossible" WarZone. One where there are four to five Battleships and thirty to thirty-five fighters at each waypoint. This would be the most awesome thing since sliced bread. It would require each pilot to be on there A-game and I assume no less than three wings of two pilots. Possibly more. Please post your opinions about an Impossible War Zone. I for one, would love to see it.
:cool: The subject of an Impossible war zone was brought up by the person who initiated the thread: Rooster ... thereby making it fair game. Like in a court of law.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

This has been the best possible response. I think R.C. makes a good point of "rank" playing into it. Keep the kids safe and the crazies could team up together.

As far as flying with you SeeJay, this is totally 100% do-able and would be flat out awesome.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 169688, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:Keep the kids safe ....
:D Ahhh, the new generation. Maybe the trade stations in EM should sell kneepads. ;)
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 169690, Topic: tid=11331, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 169688, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:Keep the kids safe ....
:D Ahhh, the new generation. Maybe the trade stations in EM should sell kneepads. ;)

Or at least foam rubber playground mats! :P
-------------------
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

;) That's even better.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Fortunately rubber playground mats are made from Rubber Sheep and there's only a need to shear them to get materials. The production of rubber baby buggy bumpers has my species up in arms though. :mad:

Wow! A semi-hijack AND a merging of Rooster's 2 main threads in one fell swoop!!!! :o:o:o ( I'm thinking I like the Dark Side... :cool: )

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
-------------------
Kkabb
Ensign
Ensign

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Kkabb »

Hey Rooster, I found this on Reddit and instantly thought of you.

America, Frack Yeah!

EDIT: I just finished reading this thread. Wow, that's some idea! Certainly would give me an added incentive to raise my civilian rank. I've been coasting for a while now on what I made repeating the hidden pearl trade route. Been frackin' round pacifying moderate zones not really ranking anything 'cept reputation. I guess I'll focus on raising those numbers once I finish helping the Onyx Miners with their Guild problem.

[Edited on 5-7-2014 by Kkabb]
\"From now on, you forget about gravity before you go through that door. The old gravity is gone, erased. Understand me? Whatever your gravity is when you get to the door, remember -- the enemy\'s gate is down. Your feet are toward the enemy\'s gate. Up is toward your own gate.\" ~ Orson Scott Card - Ender\'s Game - Chapter 10 -- Dragon
Busch
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Busch »

:cool::cool: OH YEAH! :P That Rooster guy! ;) Someone took great care to get it RIGHT! Made my day! Thanks for sharing this, Kkabb! Well done!
Commander
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Bahhahahahah good stuff.
HawkEye11
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by HawkEye11 »

@Kkabb: That's the best thing I've ever seen.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

Has the Reddit thing been removed? . . . before I had time to read it? :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Kkabb
Ensign
Ensign

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Kkabb »

\"From now on, you forget about gravity before you go through that door. The old gravity is gone, erased. Understand me? Whatever your gravity is when you get to the door, remember -- the enemy\'s gate is down. Your feet are toward the enemy\'s gate. Up is toward your own gate.\" ~ Orson Scott Card - Ender\'s Game - Chapter 10 -- Dragon
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Just popping in to say, "I'm still alive." I have been putting a tremendous amount of time into Star Conflict and DayZ. I will pop in from time to time.

Fly Safe: ROOSTER
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Good to hear from ya. :cool: Be sure to visit the Evoverse from time to time. :)
-------------------
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Hello hello. Sorry for my extreme absence. I have started playing Warframe and still trucking in DayZ. Also Star Conflict and War Thunder have been taking up some time. I still have yet to discover any new planets in the Evo Verse.....can't let it end like that.

:) Fly Safe: ROOSTER
skyratt
Ensign
Ensign

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by skyratt »

:cool::cool