Rooster's Flight Log

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

I have yet to use my Stealth Generator in a real situation. I used it to see what it did and frankly, it terrified me. After breaking stealth I had no shields. Just a tap and I would be dead. I am assuming the Stealth Gen is a last ditch item or a "planned use". I have much to learn but I see it having many applications. :)

For me, I think it will be a "get out of jail free card" until I get comfortable with it.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Busch »

Sell yer stuff there...it's worth more than the trip back - with cargo...;)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

My first All Night Flight. ****SPOILER ALERT****

I highly doubt this will be in chronological order. It was a very long flight. I flew to Sol and had to try and fly to every planet in our solar system. If you live on earth, it's yours. This was my experience with each planet......and yes I tried to fly into the gas giants. :D

Mars: Easy decent, red sky, and farming. This was my experience with mars. I loved it. It inspired the rest of the trip.

The Moon: :P Ya......there is no atmosphere and landing on this thing was a shock. I hit it like a rapid decent situation. Aaannnnnddddd barely stopped on the moon at 247 with a soft "bump." Didn't blow up but heart almost did. It was quite literally my fastest landing.

Earth: Landing on this planet was awesome. I just had to fly in over Florida and keep my heading towards Houston. The hardest part was keeping the flux capacitor activated and my speed at a steady 88........ya, I never landed on this planet.

Venus: Insane turbulence. Even on the surface my ship would turn hard with the winds. Lighting would strike the ground right near my Terrain Walker. Flat out awesome.

Jupiter: Gas Giant.... Uranus: Gas Giant.... Saturn:.... Instant Death

Neptune: Holy mother of god.......The only saving grace about this death trap is the base you can jump into. I un-docked from the base and was sucked into the planet, I hit full thrust and pushed my ship right to it's limits, got just inside the station and did an emergency jump. Just barely made it out with my life. The experience reminded me of the new Star Trek movie where they had to hit full thrust and detonate a bomb behind them to just have enough to pull away. It was flat out awesome in every way and I didn't have to launch a Fulcrum Torp.

Mercury: This was just great. I first jumped in on the dark side and couldn't see anything. So I decided to risk a sun side landing. Totally worth it. Landed on Mercury and farmed it's burned, ashed surface for all it was worth.

Pluto: (Thank you for keeping this a Planet and not just a floating rock) This was actually the best one to land on. Peaceful, frozen and mountainous. Flat out fun to walk around and use the Terrain boosters to fly all over it. Gathering resources was just great.

I must of died 15 times while doing all of this. Earth killed me at least 5 times. (I am a stubborn learner and if not for Busch, I might of kept attempting to land) I jumped into just about every planet I traveled to. I still don't know how to set my heading so I am not in it's atmosphere. The Gas Giants also ate me for dinner.

I started the day trying to figure out what I would fly. I completely thought I would face heavy opposition in my travels and changed to a Shrike. I instantly missed my Swiss Army Knife. Ended up switching back to my Civ build. Also the Terrain Walker surprised me. I flew down to Pearls hidden planet a couple time and on one trip I saw a blip deep off towards the ocean. I jumped into my Terrain Walker and thought, "Lets do this thing." The Terrain Walker answered with, "Underwater Image Enhancement Mode: Activated." Holy....CRAP. Epic; the only way to describe this situation.

I want to start using the Deploy constructor more and I have been having a ridiculous time remembering my "Quick Deploy" buttons. So yesterday also consisted of some arts-n-crafts. I labeled six keys on my laptop and color coded them ( I am a little OCD :) ) I now have my Eject, Mine, Repair, Shield, Sensor, and Fuel buttons labeled. I figure it will take about a week to apply them to my short term memory and somewhere around never to apply them to my long term memory. ;)

Towards the end of my excursion I met another Pilot named Zeronaire. He said he is a returning player and must re-acclimate to the cockpit. I brought him a Metal Mining Beam and told him how to make his early credits. Explained the different stations and how to get that early Fulcrum 5. Also how to set his heading/pitch to fast dock. It felt good to pay it forward. So many people have spent hours assisting me that just being able to do a little for a returning pilot was great.

The inspiration of making credits led to my 1 Billion ending. I know am a Multi-Billionaire.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Iron man »

Seems you got a amazing trip :)
steam name : x iron man
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

:o A metal mining beam?
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Ya, it's just a cheap piece of gear that allows you to only pull metal. Just like the Gold/Plat and Diamond ones. It is great at the start for just pulling metal for the Repair Sys 3 that sell for a cool 140k each. That is almost 1.5 million every two trips. Great profit in the start.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Busch »

Sorry, I'll not stoop. The metal M/T beam has been part of the game paradigm for quite a while now.
Commander
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

Great reading and congrats to the transition
from Noob to Expert. Feels good to be able to
help others, doesn't it?

That's one of the first things I learned, how helpful
this community is. Both in here and in game.
Amazing! And the great feeling if giving back.

Keep those excellent storys coming.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

It was Zeronaire's birthday yesterday! He also got a TW! :P:P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Great reading and congrats to the transition
from Noob to Expert. Feels good to be able to
help others, doesn't it?

That's one of the first things I learned, how helpful
this community is. Both in here and in game.
Amazing! And the great feeling if giving back.

Keep those excellent storys coming.
Thanks, and yes it is good. Even if it is just a small thing it still was nice to pay it forward. By the way, there are many more logs to come and I use your website religiously.
It was Zeronaire's birthday yesterday! He also got a TW!
Nice on the Birthday....but what is a TW?
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

TW = Terrain Walker ;-)

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

Well, he said it wasn't actually his birthday, but near(ish). ;)
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Happy Easter, Pilots.

I was just writing this and clicked on the wrong window and lost it all so this will be short.

1) Custom Missiles from the weapons lab are garbage. There is nothing you can make that comes even remotely close to the Exodus missiles. Not to mention each missile costs 115k plus resources.

2) Attempted a 6/54 mission. I still can't kill capital ships. Even after a 20 min tutorial from R.C. on team speak. I failed this mission. 4 custom missiles at point blank range and all the energy I could squeeze out of my guns only yellowed the shield. The only damage I could do to it was to it's engines. I got them down to 65% but the rest of the components are invincible to me.

3) I would like to get two mods. One cockpit mod that looks like Max's Cockpit with a combination of the Left Hand Path Cockpit mod. (I basically want the map from the Left Hand Path mod on the far right of Max's mod) and a mod that makes my guns sound like chain fire from hell. Fighting gets boring when you don't "feel" your guns. I want to sound like thunders coming. A great ball of fire.

4) Using a deployed fuel station takes a year. I will buy fuel whenever I can. I like the Deploy Builder. It is an amazing piece of equipment and my arts-n-crafts I did yesterday labeling the keys make it easy peasy to use.

5) Explored Al's Quay and Al's Quay II. It was fun.

6) Shield Packs are my best piece of equipment.

7) Spent hours and hours remaking my ship with different frames and parts. Got two templates of the ship. One for Exploration/Farming. The other for Combat/Missions. I was proud and happy with my Frame setup on each. Then I saw an NPC with the exact setup as my ship.......I will spend some time doing this again. It is a good thing that I love to do it. :D
Busch
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Busch »

Rooster, for your 'chain fire from hell' gun sound, you might check out the Big Guns .wav file that Nigel has posted. It does sound really cool! And, it's LOUD-n-PROUD! Might be just the thing! :)
Commander
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Rooster, for your 'chain fire from hell' gun sound, you might check out the Big Guns .wav file that Nigel has posted. It does sound really cool! And, it's LOUD-n-PROUD! Might be just the thing!:)
Sounds exactly like what I want! :)
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

SO MANY GOOD THINGS TO WRITE!!!! <--it's a four exclamation point kind of post! <--five.

I cannot express the trouble I have been having lately fighting or landing on planets. I would be killed by one missile or lag for a solid 5 seconds when entering a planets atmosphere. My frame rate would fluctuate between 5-18. I was heavily discouraged. Packets would save up until my PC caught up and then BOOM, I'd die. NPC's shields where bullet proof and Cap ships were not possible to kill. <--this was the combined knowledge of the Fab Five who then summoned Captain Planet. :D

I was on TS with four of the Fab Five and they can do everything and enjoy spreading out the knowledge and can answer any question. I just have a little method to my madness. Busch is my go to when it comes to anything real tech oriented stuff. Captain is my PC repair man and Server go to. R.C. is now my PvP trainer along with Cin. SeeJay is my map and guide. He does this through his website which I use religiously.

Today was another day of questions. Busch got the "how do I mod" and Capin' got the "why is my PC running like butt" and R.C. got the "FIGHT" questions. Results:

Busch is probably the most patient individual I've ever met. He is always real chill and happy. He took his time with my very limited PC knowledge and explained adding mods and what not. I think I will put the "Big Gun" mod in. (Sound only) and after some more extensive testing maybe I can add the "Perch Mod".

R.C.........well now. This guy is a fighter. We fought for what seemed like forever. I have much to learn here and I think with some training I might be able to get him. At this point my odds of success are slim to none :)

Now we get to the Capin'. This dude held my hand like I was little kid and walked me through setting up my graphics card. It was fitting considering it was Easter and I did not know how to find my eggs. I just wanted to eat all the candy. :D My PC knowledge is so limited that he had to explain everything in detail. Walked me through using my Catalyst Control and settings. This morning I got online and did some extensive research. Looked for driver updates and the whole nine.

I like all the help I am receiving but I also want to know the "how and why". They hold my hand the first time and then I go and look up what the showed me. This also avoids me asking the same question about 9000 times which can get old pretty fast. This is what I discovered. Every single thing that The Capin' had me change was 100% the best way to increase frame rate and improve graphics. I changed one thing last night and it was wrong....had to change it back to what the Capin's orders. :) Then I looked up my Advanced System Care Pro' turbo boost feature and set that sucker to also improve my gaming to the limits of my Laptop.

All of the bottom attempts where tested by me and confirmed by Sparkles. Thanks for the help, Sir.

The Results:
I logged in with medium settings, no cockpit, no V-sync, anti-aliasing off and looking into open space I had 50+ FPS.
Next I logged in with Max graphics, no cockpit, no V-Sync, anti-aliasing off and my frames stayed the same.
Last test, I logged in with Max graphics, Cockpit on, no V-sync, anti-aliasing x8 (max) and my frames held at 38-49.

HOLY CRAP! So the improvement was nothing short of paramount. From 5-18 FPS on super low setting to 38-49 on the highest settings (with no V-sync). This is just insane.

I now feel a little more confident with adding the sound mod and I also think I will try to clean the mess out of my laptop. It gets hot fast and from what the gang told me, there is most likely a carpet of dust in this thing :o I also must test these graphics setting extensively. I might turn on V-Sync and see what that does and roll around for a few hours. Then adjust as needed. If I can maintain 35-50 frames I might, MIGHT, add in the awesome Nebula Mod. In time, all in time.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

After what I saw from last night's pvp with you, I think that my (one of many) catchphrase "Ima target drone!" might end up being my most memorable line. :o Cuz' seriously even though I've seen talented pilots come and go - some of whom would be top-notch - I think you are about the only noob I've seen in recent times that can learn and improve by simply 'jumping in the fire.' I'll gladly try to answer and questions you have, but it seems most of what you learn will be gained from experience.

If you end up being the new top (er...) dog of pvp I'm good with that. :cool: After all, I have the copyright and trademarks on most of the really good barnyard-related puns and slogans! :cool::cool:

[Edited on 4-21-2014 by Rubber Chicken]
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

RC, you also have the copyright of the burned Chicken
with a touch of Rubber flavour, even if I grill it! ;-)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. LOL

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Yes, well, cooking your dinner over a tire fire would be quite unhealthy I expect! :P Maybe if we get to meet online I'll have to treat you to my trademark 5-alarm buffalo wings. ....wings which yield cannons and missiles that is. :P :P:P:P

Granted I'll be avoiding getting breaded and fried quite desperately I expect. :o
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 169123, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:Yes, well, cooking your dinner over a tire fire would be quite unhealthy I expect! :P Maybe if we get to meet online I'll have to treat you to my trademark 5-alarm buffalo wings. ....wings which yield cannons and missiles that is. :P :P:P:P

Granted I'll be avoiding getting breaded and fried quite desperately I expect. :o
LOL. I'm sure we'll make an exploding BBQ when we
meet again. Fun and educational as always.

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

^^^hahahah, you guys got me crackin' up.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Busch »

:cool::cool: :P:P:P Thanks for the kind words, Rooster. I do what I can with what I've got to work with. Ignorance is a curable disease - knowledge is the key! ;)

And, don't feel like the Lonesome Stranger. We've all made the rounds of the Q & A drills. Don't sweat the small stuff. I once printed out the Legends universe.dat file, all 208 pages of it, just so I could have a handy ephemeris/listing of known stellar objects. I had also printed out the Legends Strategy Guide, and then compiled it with edge-of-page tabs for the major topical divisions. Yeah, I know, just a little on the OCD side. ;) :P:P:P:P
Commander
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

^^Hahahahahahhahaha
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 169136, Topic: tid=11331, author=Busch wrote:I once printed out the Legends universe.dat file, all 208 pages of it, just so I could have a handy ephemeris/listing of known stellar objects.
:cool: And then Vice changed it all. I guess the old saying is true: misery likes company. Maybe we should start a club. Or at least compare who has the biggest collection of binders full of old stuff.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

From post: 169146, Topic: tid=11331, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 169136, Topic: tid=11331, author=Busch wrote:I once printed out the Legends universe.dat file, all 208 pages of it, just so I could have a handy ephemeris/listing of known stellar objects.
:cool: And then Vice changed it all. I guess the old saying is true: misery likes company. Maybe we should start a club. Or at least compare who has the biggest collection of binders full of old stuff.
I'm up for it! :P
ImageImage