Andrusynth's Mods (Updated 12/20/13)

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 166183, Topic: tid=11116, author=Busch wrote:In the Skyline City mod, I've noticed that my ship comes to rest/stasis upon landing/docking with the city platform about 3 to 4 ship lengths above the pad. This is not a 'bad thing', merely notable.
:cool: What's the altitude readout? City shuttles can climb above the cloud layer when they need to dock with a ship hovering fairly high.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

@ Marv - I'll have to check the altimeter read-out, when next I've docked at a city platform. That is, if I can remember to do so. :) I don't recall being within or above a cloud layer in any of the landings/dockings I've accomplished so far. I'll get back to you on this. :)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

@ Marv, et. al.

Docked at the MTC on Glacia planet. Initial altimeter reading was 24,740 AGL, above the docking pad. While docked, and tooling around, the altimeter read-out reduced to 24,640 AGL, and was slowly/incrementally dropping further. Not sure of the why-for's. Didn't hang around to see how much further it would reduce to. Not a 'bad thing', merely an observation of the Skyline City mod's effect/characteristics in the 'environment'.
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Andrusynth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Andrusynth »

From post: 166126, Topic: tid=11116, author=DaveK wrote:The towers are quite small in cross section and I couldn't land on one - I'm not sure whether it's because the top is a small target and I just need to practice or that you can't actually land on one - more experimentation is called for :P
It's a bit tricky to jump up on the towers, but it can be done! You can even get up to the landing tower by jumping up the towers as steps. Just takes a bit of practice.
From post: 166183, Topic: tid=11116, author=Busch wrote:In the Skyline City mod, I've noticed that my ship comes to rest/stasis upon landing/docking with the city platform about 3 to 4 ship lengths above the pad.
Yep, you're right. I've noticed that too. It seems to be set into the EM code. The flashing landing light is always at the 0,0,0 coordinates of the city model. Ships are always set to dock a distance above this point, and unfortunately it can't be changed in the model. The only way to fix it would be to raise the tower, but this would totally obscure the docking light. I think it is more noticeable in the Skyline City since it is much smaller than the default city (intentionally to scale to size of the mountains).

Merry Christmas to everyone! :)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 166208, Topic: tid=11116, author=Andrusynth wrote:
From post: 166126, Topic: tid=11116, author=DaveK wrote:The towers are quite small in cross section and I couldn't land on one - I'm not sure whether it's because the top is a small target and I just need to practice or that you can't actually land on one - more experimentation is called for :P
It's a bit tricky to jump up on the towers, but it can be done! You can even get up to the landing tower by jumping up the towers as steps. Just takes a bit of practice.
Thanks - I will persevere until I've managed it! :D

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hi!

Andrusynth, can you send me or publish the nebula files without cut, just all nebula in a file for made a Mod for Arvoch Alliance? :)
superbatprime
Ensign
Ensign

Post by superbatprime »

Quick question, the nebula mod, is it for the background nebula or does it change the "real" nebula that you can actually fly through?
Callsign: Superbat
Ship: MV12-mkII \"Reckless\"
AI SYS: Prime Industries \"Amy\" Series I
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

If you mean the textures shown in the first post, they look to be a background mod. You can quickly check it out by using JSGME.
superbatprime
Ensign
Ensign

Post by superbatprime »

thanks for pointing me at jsgme, great tool. :)

Yep, they are background nebula, really good looking but I play with nebula off as I like my space backgrounds black, but they are so good looking I've kept two of them in, the green one and the galaxy arm (?) one.

Really nice work, also the tree mod has made scale perception on planets totally different, great mod.

[Edited on 2-9-2015 by superbatprime]
Callsign: Superbat
Ship: MV12-mkII \"Reckless\"
AI SYS: Prime Industries \"Amy\" Series I
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 175247, Topic: tid=11116, author=superbatprime wrote:
Yep, they are background nebula, really good looking but I play with nebula off as I like my space backgrounds black, but they are so good looking I've kept two of them in, the green one and the galaxy arm (?) one.
It's actually the Milky Way.

If you want a feel of scale of the more immediate things you interact with in EM have a look at the diagrams at the bottom of page 1 here http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11303

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Speaking of Milky Ways, these are the ones I use:

Blue

Green

Purple

Brown

Chocolate

The colors correspond to those of the default background textures ... except for the last one. Which I only use during long hauls across the Evoverse.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

ROFLMAO!
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-