Andrusynth's Mods (Updated 12/20/13)

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Andrusynth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Andrusynth »

Hi everyone,

I'm back playing (and modding) EM after a bit of a break, and I now have a new call sign as well (formerly LP)! I'm starting to update a lot of my old mods for EM 2.x, so here is what I have ready so far:

Nebulae

A collection of "home-made" nebulae that work great with EM 2.x!

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kp5k2v3ke2rlyi/Nebulae.zip

Skyline City

A more traditional cityscape with a landing tower. A more simple model than the old Starport City to minimize the loading lag when jumping.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4w1tmmge5f5k ... 20City.zip

Tiny Trees

A mod that replaces the trees with clusters of tiny forest trees. It gives a nice sense of scale and makes the mountains look much larger!

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk5t9lnxapzhl ... 0Trees.zip

Enjoy,
Andrusynth

[Edited on 12-20-2013 by Andrusynth]

[Edited on 12-20-2013 by Andrusynth]
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Great!

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your work. I'll add them to the resources thread

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

welcome back,
there have been many requests for updated versions of your mods.
glad to see your still around :cool:
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Andrusynth, welcome back to the game and forum!.....Nice mods, thanks for sharing!.......;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: How about handing those off to SeeJay for posting at his website?
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hola.

Thanks for the mods :D I love the city :D
Andrusynth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Andrusynth »

From post: 165942, Topic: tid=11116, author=Marvin wrote::cool: How about handing those off to SeeJay for posting at his website?
Sure, feel free to post them on your site SeeJay. For that matter, anyone feel free to further modify or improve them as well!
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Post by Nigel_Strange »

Hi, Andrusynth: I just downloaded and cannot wait to try them. The pictures look pretty good, though, so I can't wait to try them!
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Hello Andrusynth (the Artist formerly known as LP)! Welcome back! Glad to have your mods updated for EM 2.XX! The Skyline City is really great! Much better/easier on the game/system than the older Starport City was. The Tiny Trees mod is also really great! Now, when I perform a planetfall, I look for which type of trees are going to be displayed for the planet I'm trespassing. It's all good! Thanks very much for your efforts and your artwork! :cool::cool:
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Will the city mod work if one player is using it and another player is not, such as in a walker on-line? What I mean is does one player see the city differently and are the buildings for each at a different height?
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Andrusynth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Andrusynth »

From post: 165993, Topic: tid=11116, author=thetiebers wrote:Will the city mod work if one player is using it and another player is not, such as in a walker on-line? What I mean is does one player see the city differently and are the buildings for each at a different height?
Hmm...that's a good question... I hadn't actually thought how the city might work in multiplayer. If I have a chance later, I might try to logon to a server and check... If anyone tries it out, let us know what happens!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 165999, Topic: tid=11116, author=Andrusynth wrote:
From post: 165993, Topic: tid=11116, author=thetiebers wrote:Will the city mod work if one player is using it and another player is not, such as in a walker on-line? What I mean is does one player see the city differently and are the buildings for each at a different height?
Hmm...that's a good question... I hadn't actually thought how the city might work in multiplayer. If I have a chance later, I might try to logon to a server and check... If anyone tries it out, let us know what happens!
Only the player who has the mod installed will see the city the way it is modded both in single play and in multiplay since the mod is on your local machine!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Good call, Maars. However, I've noticed with the various ship mods 'out there', I can see the ship mod another pilot is flying, in MP-space, and not the basic frame the mod was applied to. Viper's SX3 mod/frame seems to be quite popular. Not sure what Vice 'fixed', or how it was done, but it appears to be working. Now, how this applies to a 'fixed' object like the Skyline City mod, within the EM 2.XX persistent universe and 'planet-bound', I think you may have the right of it. I'll have to check this one out with another 'convenient' pilot. Hopefully soon. :)
Commander
Rexor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rexor »

Hi !

Andrusynth, because I'm still using Mercenary 1.8 (... for several reasons ...) I would like to have the old version of "Skyline City" (I tried it without the expansion, and the city appears rotated of 90°) , that I guess was for Merc. 1.8, so before the Expansion. (I searched it, but I have not found it).

..... Unless it was previously called "Starport_City" ....... in this case I already have it.

[Edited on 19-12-2013 by Rexor]

[Edited on 19-12-2013 by Rexor]
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

The mods are now available on our site. (evochron2.junholt.se)

Great job mate!
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Wow! The nebulae is amazing :D
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I like the cityscape! The trees are really small (more like large bushes) but look good with so many of them together.

I tried to jump to the top of the tallest (spaceport) tower in my TW but couldn't reach the top before running out of fuel. I actually ended up trapped inside it! :D I could only get a leg out! I finally worked out how to escape (jet up to about half way and move out) and decided to jump up in stages using a small tower to get some initial height and then hop up onto a higher one and so on.

The towers are quite small in cross section and I couldn't land on one - I'm not sure whether it's because the top is a small target and I just need to practice or that you can't actually land on one - more experimentation is called for :P

Thanks for sharing these mods!!

:)
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 166120, Topic: tid=11116, author=AdamSelene wrote:Wow! The nebulae is amazing :D
Where can I get it from? :)
ImageImage
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 166127, Topic: tid=11116, author=DaveK wrote:
From post: 166120, Topic: tid=11116, author=AdamSelene wrote:Wow! The nebulae is amazing :D
First post!

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 166129, Topic: tid=11116, author=SeeJay wrote:
From post: 166127, Topic: tid=11116, author=DaveK wrote:
First post!
Duh!! :P

ImageImage
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Wow! Wow! WOW! The Nebulae Mod is freakin' beautiful! Except for going out to Sol/Andromeda, I flew around to the various systems to see how each of the nebs were displayed. Simply amazing! I may even make the slog out to Sol after all! Really exceptional work, Andrusynth! Major Kudos! :P :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Commander
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 166018, Topic: tid=11116, author=Busch wrote:Good call, Maars. However, I've noticed with the various ship mods 'out there', I can see the ship mod another pilot is flying, in MP-space, and not the basic frame the mod was applied to. Viper's SX3 mod/frame seems to be quite popular. Not sure what Vice 'fixed', or how it was done, but it appears to be working. Now, how this applies to a 'fixed' object like the Skyline City mod, within the EM 2.XX persistent universe and 'planet-bound', I think you may have the right of it. I'll have to check this one out with another 'convenient' pilot. Hopefully soon. :)
This is only possible if you have the same or different mods installed at your end. Remember the mods applied to other players ships in MP is done on your local system!. If you do not have any mods installed you will see the other players ships as the standard basic ship regardless if the other player has mods at his end on his system. Unless something has changed in the expansion but I do not think so because I have not used any mods for a long time and I have not seen other players mods in MP in the expansion and I know the players I have seen use mods but I still saw the basic standard frames!.....;) :cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

The Beautiful Nebula mod is also available on my site now.

Excellent work on those.

-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Think you've got it, Maars. Yep, I'm flying lots of the mods installed, from a few selected ships mods to HUD and environmental mods, and pretty much everything else in between. R.C. and I were having much the same conversation the other evening, aboard the CA5 server and in TS. He was seeing the mil ship (Firestar frame) that I was flying, even though I've got that frame modded to the Bab 5 Thunderbolt frame. I could see that he was flying the SX3 mod, but not the generic Legacy frame he had applied that mod upon. Curiouser and curiouser! Now, I've also applied the SX3 mod upon two of the frames I routinely fly - the Avenger mil frame and the Legacy civ frame. Maybe that's why I could see his, but he couldn't see mine. hehehe ;)
Commander
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

The following is solely an observation, not a critique or gripe. In the Skyline City mod, I've noticed that my ship comes to rest/stasis upon landing/docking with the city platform about 3 to 4 ship lengths above the pad. This is not a 'bad thing', merely notable. All functions/features associated with using/docking with the city platform work as designed, so no problems there. Not convinced that this should, or needs, to be fixed. Coin-toss. ;)
Commander