COM CHATTER IN SPACE MOD-RELEASED!

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
ixtern
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ixtern »

Great idea! This mod adds some life to the game.
Although..there is a lack of intonation, emphasis and even feelings in many voices. They sound untrue.
I got better results with professional voice synthesiser. I get into www.ivona.com site (an Amazon company) and there is window you can enter your text and hear synthesized voice in many languages, dialects even, many male and female versions.
I've found male voices better for warnings and femal for announcements. Try, for example american english Eric and american english Jennifer voices. You can record voices on your PC and have another sound library. Only problem is you can do it for yourself, cannot publish.
But there is a section for developers also. Maybe Vice would be interested?
ChewyHoops
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ChewyHoops »

I've been out of the loop for a bit (real world stresses) but I'm more than willing to add or revise anything I've done so far. I bought my brother's older Tascam USB sound interface board from his recording studio, so I can up the quality quite a bit. I'm amateur with Audacity, but we managed all right with the files I submitted so far.

Just popping in to say I'm still around and willing to help out if you need it. The mod's great, although it's weird hearing myself as I'm flying. LOL!
The Madderly\'s Lady SimPit Project: http://madderlyslady.blogspot.com
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

There is life beyond American English, you realise! :D
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage