[EM 2.488] Extreme Mouse lag during gameplay *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
bigtall10
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bigtall10 »

I've EM for about 3 days now and I have not, needless to say, played it at all.
I first had an issue that got fixed with dev help and now the next issue that is holding me from playing the game is that during gameplay,,including initial load menue, my mouse has this terrible lag that just makes it impossible to navigate my monitors. I've tried the memory tricks posted all other the threads but nothing works.
I've also tried opening the game with almost zero tasks in background,,still the lag is there. Sometimes it will lag for a good minute the moment I touch the mouse.
But if I stay away from the mouse I can fly around just fine with my X52 joystick.

I have Windows 7 x64 with 8gigs of ram and running a GTX 660 TI.

Please help!!!:mad:

[Edited on 6-1-2013 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Mouse lag can have a variety of causes, ranging from your Nvidia control panel settings (ie triple buffering) to issues with the mouse itself. The game polls mouse input with every frame update, so if that is getting behind, something is causing the input the game is receiving through Windows to be delayed.

A one minute lag would indicate the greatest level of mouse lag I think I've ever heard of. It'd probably be best to start with the basics:

- What are your triple buffer and pre-rendered frame settings in the Nvidia control panel? Have you tried other settings?
- What is the make, model, and driver version of the mouse you are using? And is it a wireless mouse? If it's a wired USB mouse, are you using a hub?
- Are you running any residual programs in the background related to display/graphics, audio, or control input (such as TrackIR)?
- Do you have any other control devices plugged in besides the X52 and the mouse? If so, have you tried leaving only the mouse and X52 plugged in?
- Have you tried using one of the VSync modes in the Options menu?

If you'd like me to analyze your system configuration for possible causes, follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8

Additionally, these support pages may offer further assistance and troubleshooting steps. Although there are specific steps related to solving the problem in other games, many of the other steps may help:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -RXBN-5508

http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs-s- ... tion-guide
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
bigtall10
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bigtall10 »

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm very confused here. Never before I've I ever bought a game and spent almost four days just trying to get it to run. ITs one problem after another.

NOW out of nowhere, in the midst of me asking for help to this lagging mouse thing, A NEW ERROR popped up!!! One that has already been fixed on this thread but solution wont apply to my case.
I'm now getting the Runtime Error 7008, object not found. when game launches but mouse is still on desktop and one click minimizes it. This is crazy and it is driving me crazy.

But for the original info you asked for:

I have a Logitech wireless mouse, TrackIR 4, X52 joystick, and Tripple buffering is set to off in nvidia control panel (Defaut value, as is eveything else).

However due to the now new issue mentioned, I can no longer even get to the game menue because the runtime 7008 error shows up. I have done single stick memory testing, have the latest drivers installed on my system, etc. Re-installing windows is not a solution in my case.

Please,,,Please help!! This is seriously making me crazy!! (Too many hours searching and reading the threads but still nothing!!)

I've already sent an email with system specs for you to evaluate my pc.

Thank you in advance.
:(:(:(
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks for sending it, I'll be reviewing it further. For reference, error 7008 means something on your system blocked the game from loading an object into memory. The most common cause for that is memory interference. Verifying the game cache in Steam would be one step I would suggest. Then if it still occurs, I can provide some steps to manually check some things via e-mail.

It appears you have several peculiar conditions and events logged on your system. You appear to have both an Intel and Nvidia display system active at the same time with one crashing the other (ifgxsrvc.exe being crashed by nvsmartmax64.dll). Then you have crash events logged for games like:

- Tomb Raider
- DCS
- Mass Effect 3
- Hawken
- Need for Speed Shift 2
- Crysis 2
- Oblivion

Plus several instances of Steam itself crashing. The crashes appear intermittent and often involving different modules. So this could take quite a bit of troubleshooting and diagnosing to try and determine what is going on. Something certainly appears to be wrong, whether in the OS, the driver/device configuration, hardware, or combinations thereof.

A couple of questions:

- Was your system exposed to past virus/malware damage? Out of curiosity, is there a reason reinstalling Windows is not an option for you?
- Have you tried disabling the Intel display device and associated background tasks, leaving only the Nvidia display running?
- Have you tried it without the Matrox PowerDesk application running?
- Likewise with the Tuneup Utilities 2013 program?
StarWraith 3D Games
bigtall10
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bigtall10 »

Ohh...NICE!!

so I uninstalled the Intel Display driver, set tripple buffering to on and pre-rendering to 3. And verified cache in steam. And also have both sw..folder and game install folder set will full permissions and running .exes' in administrator mode.

I AM GLAD TO SAY THAT AS IT IS NOW....none of the two issue, Mouse lag and Runtime 7008 error exist! I can play the game in peace and enjoy!!

Thank you. I'm not sure if this is a temporary fix or not. Or if these issues will return, but as of now.... THUMBS UP!! :P:D:)

[Edited on 5-29-2013 by bigtall10]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That's great news, glad it's working now! Indeed, it's wise to give it some time to make sure it stays that way. If it does hold, the system should run better overall with higher performance and improved reliability.
StarWraith 3D Games
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Hi and welcome bigtall.

Great you got it working.

I've said it before but it's worth mentioning again.
The support for this game is the best I've ever encountered.
Both from the Dev, Vice, and other players.

I've had a few problems and they were always fixed
quick and permanently.

Hope to see you out there,
SeeJay
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Bigtall10, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time now that you got it working!....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
mikeuk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mikeuk »

Welcome bigtall outstanding support as usual Vice ;)
bigtall10
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bigtall10 »

This is indeed a great community of Space pilots!! Thanks for the cushy welcomes guys. :)

And yes indeed the support for this game is magnicifent!! Unheard of before from any other game!! **APLAUSES**

I'm still getting the hang of this game and reading a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D LOL
So it will be a minute before "ZeusOne" goes online. *My pilot name :P:cool:

[Edited on 5-31-2013 by bigtall10]