[EM 2.488] Runtime error 2004 - Please Help!!!! *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
bigtall10
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bigtall10 »

So I just bought this game last night off of Steam after a good two days long research period of trying to decide between X3 and this...
But finally immediately after installing, I've not been able to play the game on my tripple screen setup with nvidia surround. I did my research and verified that this setup works just fine...And I have searched the entire web the whole night with no avail...
So please someone help me with this issue!!

The error I'm getting, I have not seen reported anywhere on the forums.

Simply put, after I manually edit the sw.cfg file to desired resolution, the game starts to launch but immediate minimizes to taskbar, and continues to run in background. When I attempt to bring it up this error occurs:

Runtime Error 2004: Animation does not exist at line 3826.

And believe me I have tried everything possibly listed on this forum pertaining to the other runtime errors already reported. Nothing works.:(
And now I'm sitting here wondering if I made the wrong choice to buy this games and not X3.

[file]790[/file]

[Edited on 5-30-2013 by Vice]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That error indicates one of two possibilities. First, the game could not extract the intro video animation it plays at the beginning when you start the game. Second, for whatever reason, your system lacks the necessary default Windows support for the video format used in the game.

First step I would recommend is check the game's local cache in the Steam options menu to make sure all of the game files are intact. Then launch and test again. If it fails again, you'll need to find out why your system may lack basic support for Windows video. In the meantime, you can place the attached file in the game's install folder (in steam\\steamapps\\common\\evochron mercenary) to bypass the intro video sequence entirely and run the rest of the game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
bigtall10
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bigtall10 »

Thank you much!
This solved that problem. Atleast I do not much care for the intro video...and the thing the intro video works just fine in windowed mode. Its only when I manually edit the sw.cfg file to set my desired resolution and select fullscreen in game menue does this error happen...
But Alas,,,I'm good for now.

Thank you! :}
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ah ok, glad that worked. Could be that the display driver you are using isn't compatible with video playback in full screen mode for whatever reason(s). But at least this way, you can use the recommended mode (full screen windowed) or full screen if you need to and still run the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations