[EM 2.408] Font Problem Game and Steam? *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
dtSpace
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dtSpace »

All my in-game fonts look lower resolution than if they were DOS fonts from 1985. They look scaled improperly.

I am playing in 1920x1080 on an Nvidia Ge-Force GTX 280 on Windows 7 - 64 bit.

Even when I see the steam window pop-up over the game on the bottom-left, the steam fonts are misscaling as well.

[Edited on 4-7-2013 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Got a screenshot handy? Sounds like the in-game displayed resolution is not matching the native resolution of your monitor (ie it's too low for some reason), effecting the font scaling for both the game and the Steam overlay. Check to see if you've set the 'Resolution' to Optimized in the Options menu, or if you've set it to something else. If Optimized, try setting a resolution manually, exit the game, then restart it to check for changes. If it's at a set resolution, try other resolutions and the Optimized mode to check for changes.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
dtSpace
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dtSpace »

Thanks, setting it to optimized fixed it for the most part. I had it set to 1920x1080 and for some reason it was scaling wrong even though I am in 1920x1080.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Could be that for whatever reason(s), the driver was reporting back through DirectX that the requested resolution was not available. In such a case, the game will respond by trying to find the next compatible resolution as reported through DirectX and enable it, so it was likely something low enough to impact font image quality. Glad you got it sorted and welcome to the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi dtSpace, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good