[EM 2.288] Cerulean System CTD *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Firedragon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Firedragon »

Hi,
Three times yesterday I had a ctd in Ceruleum system.
Each occurred just after engaging jump drive to go to mission waypoint.
Unfortunately I did not write the error down, but I will duplicate the event today and post the code.
All were on basic "pocket money" missions (I think to collect lost item) from Starport 27. I take mission, leave station, engage jump drive, one second later - ctd. The first time it happened the error message was something about an unscripted collision, but when I engage jump, nothing is in front of me.
I'll try and add more detail later.
Regards,
FD
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

When you have the details, please forward them on to me (e-mail is best, starwraith.com > contact). It's likely an issue that will be resolved in a pending update (in testing now).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Firedragon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Firedragon »

After I posted this I checked through the forums and saw the Auto Cleanup instructions. Having done that, I have tried to replicate the problem today, but as yet have not been able to, so all appears to be ok.
Perhaps a note to new players like myself to do this after any upgrade/patch would help ?

Regards,
FD
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Glad you got it sorted. Using the cleanup routine shouldn't be necessary. Unless you have a security program running that decides it wants to learn the 'new' files of an update while you are trying to play. It generally should never be needed since the only time it may happen like that is if file operations are interfered with by something else running on the system. The game also automatically does it at every shut down. It may have just been something else temporary on your system. Usually file corruption issues involve errors trying to load files (ie 105, 506, 7018).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations