Classic Starwraith Ships

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Busch »

your screenies are still up. :)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

Confirmed.

Some of the pics I posted Mediafire seems to not like and don't show, but this time they were ALL gone, must be my current machine.
Use the force? I\'ll give you force!
*arms kinetic particle cannons*
Will a Fulcrum Torpedo fit down a 2-meter exhaust port?
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

Update:
I've got the fresh re-incarnation of the model working properly. If I'm doing it right, I can now re-align parts of the UV map (parts Vice left in it, which I just absolved before.) so I can then build a texture under it, specifically for it.

Also, it's come to my attention, that some of the pics Mediafire didn't let me post before are now working. This means all of my screenshots are now visible, so go see them, and the minor joke I made showing the error message I got about limbs now appears.

Now, for sake of pure awesomeness, I am posting a glitched image of the F-144 mil frame which HAS CLASS 10 ENGINES! I figured out that by removing the mesh for the mill frame, then entering the shipyard and then back out, I tricked EM into thinking the custom mesh still in its memory is, in fact, a default mesh, which then made it assign a class 10 engine. I gotta say, the thing looks really awesome! I have hopes Vice will make a way for a mod ship to optionally have the c10 engine equipped.

Just, Awesome!

[Edited on 1-19-2013 by PlasmaJedi]
Busch
Captain
Captain

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Busch »

However you did it P-J, you're right - it's freakin' awesome! Gimmee - Gimmee - Gimmee! hehehe ;) :cool::cool:

Was that your efforts, or did EMx place/render the blue hi-lites on the F-144 frame? In either regard, dat's way cool too! :)
Commander
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

From post: 156296, Topic: tid=10413, author=Busch wrote:However you did it P-J, you're right - it's freakin' awesome! Gimmee - Gimmee - Gimmee! hehehe ;) :cool::cool:

Was that your efforts, or did EMx place/render the blue hi-lites on the F-144 frame? In either regard, dat's way cool too! :)
I know, right? :D

That's the default military ship texture. I have no significant skills, these are just Vice's models scaled and adjusted for EM. I've changed practically nothing but size and rotation. So, the higlights? thats all the default EM tex. It actually seems to fit on the military frame. The civ fram still looks like the flippin BORG, just a jumble of random tech pieces.

And those engines, they are a glitch I discovered. You can't get them without actually removing the mesh for the military frame while inside a station. The game thinks it's using the default mesh, and it will use default textues, but the mod mesh remains in memoery. So like all defualt military frames, the class 10 engine is glued on. Looks epic on the F-144. So unless you're going to work that exploit every time you play the game, I can't really make it a feature.

I'm doing the Starwraith 3 ship as well. Anyone know it's number? I suppose I should just go look it up :P
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Maarschalk »

That is way cool, thanks for sharing!.....;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

Well, the SW3 version is working. I looked up the readme's, and it seems both are called F-144E. Both. Hmm.

Well, pics of the SW3 edition will be posted tomorrow, along with the long-awaited meshes! Of course, because of how EM works, simply renaming the mesh files changes which ships it replaces, but I will be posting them ready to plug'n'play.

So if anyone has suggestions on which frames to replace, let me know. Right now I'm thinking the SW3 model will replace the Evoch E, and the SW2 model, which looks a bit bigger and tougher IMHO, will replace the ship just above that one, I forget its name, lamprey or something. That ship is supposed to be slower but tougher. Of course, it'll clash with users of the SX3, so, I'm open to suggestions, especially from those who know the lore.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Busch »

P-J, why not just label/name the ship/file as you like. Those of us who can rub a few brain cells together may be able to figure out which mil ship we would like to replace, just by "adjusting" the naming convention of what ever you post up. In the order/heirarchy (top-to-bottom in the shipyard) of mil ship frames, the frame above the Evoch-E is the Evoch-C. The one below the E model is the Lamprey, then FireStar, then Avenger, Shrike, Predator, and lastly - the Chimera. (from memory no less!) I've got Vipers' SX3 model currently plugged in to the Avenger slot. 'Twould be a matter of naught to swap out frames by renaming the file(s), should I desire to use the Avenger slot for something else.
Don't make it any harder on yourself than is absolutely necessary. DSTSS - Don't sweat the small stuff! :)
Commander
Frost N7
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Frost N7 »

agreed , busch is right on this one. Usually modders bind it to 25.X (evoch E) and it's extremely simple to change it. It would be more user friendly to start there.

Heh , lel

~[N7]Frost
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

From post: 156372, Topic: tid=10413, author=Busch wrote:In the order/heirarchy (top-to-bottom in the shipyard) of mil ship frames, the frame above the Evoch-E is the Evoch-C. The one below the E model is the Lamprey, then FireStar, then Avenger, Shrike, Predator, and lastly - the Chimera. (from memory no less!)
'Twould be a matter of naught to swap out frames by renaming the file(s), should I desire to use the Avenger slot for something else.
Don't make it any harder on yourself than is absolutely necessary. DSTSS - Don't sweat the small stuff! :)
Aye, I understand. First, I was meaning 'higher' in the order of better, not actually the way it's displayed. Thus the SW2 will replace the Lamprey, being a heavier, tougher ship. Vice might say the SW3 should be 'higher' in the order, but I think most of us will be using the SW2, eh? ^_^

As for the naming, yes, I know it can be changed to whatever you like, but I'm from the Skyrim mods community, and we put up with lots of people who don't know even how to install a mod, let alone arrange it to avoid a clash. I guess I didn't think this community would be intelligent enought to just 'get it', and I'd have to explain it again and again... I'll still probably explain it anyway, but oh well, that's just what I do.

Now! Pics of the SW3! And in a very short while, I'll edit the first post of the thread to allow people to download it there! Woot!

Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Capt_Caveman »

nice work
your a fast learner
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

Ok! Meshes are up! check out the first post of the thread!
Frost N7
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Frost N7 »

Nice , can't wait to see a fix on those engines :) keep up the good work.

Heh , lel

~[N7]Frost
Busch
Captain
Captain

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Busch »

HOO-YAH!!! You got it hammered, P-J! Am practising the virtue of patience..... dang it! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P :cool::cool:

Both ships are going into my military rota as soon as practical. You're doing rather fantasicly exceptional work here!

MAJOR KUDOS!!! :)
Commander
Busch
Captain
Captain

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Busch »

Okay! Got the D/L on the frames. I'll get back to you on the install/implementation, couple of hours or so. Have other fish to fry now.
Commander
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

From post: 156427, Topic: tid=10413, author=Busch wrote:HOO-YAH!!! You got it hammered, P-J! Am practising the virtue of patience..... dang it! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P :cool::cool:

Both ships are going into my military rota as soon as practical. You're doing rather fantasicly exceptional work here!

MAJOR KUDOS!!! :)
Thank Vice, not me. Seriously, HE could have done this in 5 minutes. All I did was take his models he gave, fumble with them for a week, and then post screenshots. Its his work that's so awesome! And I'm definitely making the SW2 my new fave!
Busch
Captain
Captain

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by Busch »

P-J, here's some samples of the application of your dilligent labors:

Just on the off-chance that it would work, I plugged in Vipers base, normal, and specular maps for this attempt.

And then, here it is w/o the base, normal, and spec maps.

These two are the Venture offering.

Now, the Mirage.

I know, pushing the upper limits of the envelope. ;)

On the civ side of things, 'twas a matter of merely hiding what I could of the other ships' equipment (wings, shields, cargo bays, and fuel pods) within the frame itself. The engines were another matter, and I finally settled on C-9 engines for both civies. I did roll-up the Venture offering to the Sentinel slot, as I use that particular frame and it's intrinsic characteristics as the "workhorse" of my current fleet load-out.

I've not been able to re-create the C-10 engine deployment in the mil side, so I've left the both of them out of the rota.

Other than that, they work, and they fly! :cool::cool:

[Edited on 1-21-2013 by Busch]
Commander
PlasmaJedi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Classic Starwraith Ships

Post by PlasmaJedi »

From post: 156438, Topic: tid=10413, author=Busch wrote: I've not been able to re-create the C-10 engine deployment in the mil side, so I've left the both of them out of the rota.

Other than that, they work, and they fly! :cool::cool:
Glad you like! Yeah, I just ignore that the engines don't match on mil frames. You have to manually trick the game every time you play it to get the c10 engines to show. But the mil textures look better on these things. Just happens to fit, donno why.

Glad I got the chance to bring back these beauties! Thanks again, Vice!