Interactive ship AI using VAC

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Download the Hints&Tips Guide from SeeJay's site - it has a comprehensive setup tutorial by Galaxian and a printout of all the commands ANNA recognises as well as her multiple responses for those who want to personalise the system

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
haloterm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by haloterm »

From post: 171422, Topic: tid=10411, author=DaveK wrote:Download the Hints&Tips Guide from SeeJay's site - it has a comprehensive setup tutorial by Galaxian and a printout of all the commands ANNA recognises as well as her multiple responses for those who want to personalise the system

:)
Thank you :) Actually this guide was the reason for me I searched and installed Anna.

In the meantime, I guess, I get along with her quite well. I have made some additions to the VAC profile, because some of the pre-made commands are quit long in some situations.

I also found out that AutoHotkey has an option to show on-screen coordinates, so I was able to modify the script by myself, although some coordinates do not work. So if the official 1440x900 script is still available somewhere, I would be thankful.

But most of the time, Anna and me are working well together now :)
Galaxian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Galaxian »

I've just uploaded a new .zip file which now also includes the 1440x900 .AHK script as well as the 1920x1080 version.

The 1440x900 version of the .AHK script does NOT include the mouse control actions for starting up the game but DOES include all the in-game control functions.

Good hunting!

[Edited on 6-30-2014 by Galaxian]
- Galaxy Defense Industries -

Find out more --> Galaxy Defense Industries

*If the enemy is in weapons range, so are you.*
Galaxian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Galaxian »

Hey mate,

Glad you're enjoying the game and getting on well with ANNA. I've uploaded a new file that includes the .AHK file for 1440x900 screen resolution. See my note in my previous post.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Good hunting!
From post: 171417, Topic: tid=10411, author=haloterm wrote:I've got a few questions on how to get this work:

I have installed VAC and AutoHotkey on Windows 7. I put my callsign in the Anna profile and have loaded the Anna profile into VAC, and when I test my speech input in the VAC builder, it actually recognizes my language, even my bad German accent ;)

However, how do I get VAC to startup Evochron? For example, I tell VAC to startup and yes, VAC is active and listens. But nothing happens. In the VAC builder, I can see that the keypresses defined for the command are Left-Windows, Cursur Up, Enter. This opens the 'All Programs' section of my start menu. The next commands are exactly the same.

Now, I could startup AutoHotkey and Evochron on my own, of course. But then the screen resolution is a problem. The AutoHotkey script itself says it is for 1920x1080, but I use 1440x900. The script says more resolutions are commented out with ; but they aren't... just this one.

Any ideas? :(

Edit: Okay, it works when I start VAC, AH and EM manually _and_ let the game sounds play through the headset instead of my speakers. But Anna is speaking not very loud, she's barely noticable. In the volume controls, however, she is at maximum.

Edit 2: I've noticed Anna's phrases have each their own volume setting in VAC builder. So I'll see that I increase the volume there.

So the only problem left is the screen resolution. Galaxian, do you still have the 1440x900 .ahk script?

[Edited on 29-6-14 by haloterm]

haloterm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by haloterm »

From post: 171437, Topic: tid=10411, author=Galaxian wrote:Hey mate,

Glad you're enjoying the game and getting on well with ANNA. I've uploaded a new file that includes the .AHK file for 1440x900 screen resolution. See my note in my previous post.

Good hunting!
Hi Galaxian,

thanks for providing the 1440 version of your script. I'll test it and will report the result :)
raron
Ensign
Ensign

Post by raron »

For Windows 7/8 64-bit users, there is a way of getting alternative voices besides "Ms" Anna :P Described here: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... n7-8-64bit

I have Win 7 64-bit, and tried it. Works great! I don't have VAC though, but I'm fiddling with VoiceAttack. Slowly making my own VA profile while learning EM. But "Anna" from Galaxian seems great! (I might take some inspiration from it).
Galaxian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Galaxian »

From post: 171440, Topic: tid=10411, author=haloterm wrote:
From post: 171437, Topic: tid=10411, author=Galaxian wrote:Hey mate,

Good hunting!
Hi Galaxian,

thanks for providing the 1440 version of your script. I'll test it and will report the result :)
Although this reply is a bit tardy(is) due to my having once again been unable until recently escape the black hole of every day life, You are quite welcome.

Good hunting.