[EM] New pilot, slight problem (long load time)

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
DarkKlown77
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DarkKlown77 »

Ok, so I tried a demo of Evochron Mercenary awhile back, was version 1.8 I think.

Anyways, I decided to buy the game yesterday on steam, and noticed when I load a game, it takes forever to get loaded, it never did that in the older demo, so I'm wondering what happened?

After it loads, (it takes FOREVER) I have no in game issues, no stuttering, artifacts or anything like it, and yes my system surpasses the stock and recommended system specs.

Any help is gratefully appreciated!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

There is a lot of new data to be generated/loaded compared to the old version of the game. And one factor that can directly impact your loading time is the performance of your hard drive. The slower your hard drive, the longer it can take to load. Make sure you also aren't running any antivirus software that inhibits the performance of your hard drive. If you are, temporarily disable it (using whatever else you might want in the meantime) or use its 'gaming mode' if available, then test again. Once cached, things will load quicker the next time around if you're in the same session.

Also, try enabling the 'Pre-Generated' planet rendering mode. That will create a lot of data in advance, which can potentially speed up initial loading time significantly.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi DarkKlown77, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good