more idea

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

more idea

Post by Vice »

many players never start to play because of the nature of the space we play in?
Yup, some gamers these days find 2 main dimensions of gameplay challenging enough, throw a third at them and many probably become overwhelmed. It's also why you won't find players of certain games enjoying flight sims either. Comes down to personal preference and gameplay interests.
Would it be possible to make the features a bit more mouse friendly in training / easy modes ???
What features? How?
or an extra training level just for 3d flight. and another for game functions???Or both???
What do you think is lacking in the current training mode that currently covers those areas? Why would dividing up (into more options they have to select) make any difference?
I only ask as at least 3 people have been turned away from these games , and they have all played FPS'
Players of FPS games won't necessarily enjoy a space-sim, they are two very different gameplay approaches. Just because they play one doesn't mean they will enjoy playing the other.

[Edited on 12-18-2006 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
verbosity
Captain
Captain

more idea

Post by verbosity »

I was thinking of some sort of flight training flying through hoops etc, just to allow newbies to get used to handling the ships.

Also I've noticed that the default for mouse is very sensitive - I have to turn it down and I like it sensitive,
Players of FPS games won't necessarily enjoy a space-sim, they are two very different gameplay approaches. Just because they play one doesn't mean they will enjoy playing the other.
yes, but the people I'm thinking of have played mech warrior 4 (similar control system :cool:) and/or star wars battlefront - which includes space battles.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

more idea

Post by Vice »

I was thinking of some sort of flight training flying through hoops etc, just to allow newbies to get used to handling the ships.
Have them use the training in AC then. Now that both games share the same physics system and general flight characteristics, the training system in AC can provide good experience for mastering EA. Also, training in AC is free and unlimited.
yes, but the people I'm thinking of have played mech warrior 4 (similar control system :cool and/or star wars battlefront - which includes space battles.
Mechwarrior is kind of like a FPS in slow motion, still using mainly just 2 dimensions of movement and combat gameplay. It's a game I enjoy more than most FPS games however. Have you played BattleFront 2 in space mode? Not exactly the space-sim control, combat, strategy, or options as you'd find in games like FreeSpace or IWar. The gamers you know can sort of simulate the simple controls of a game like that in Evochron or AC by using the basic WASD control method, but it limits their movement and control options, making it more difficult to survive.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
verbosity
Captain
Captain

more idea

Post by verbosity »

Have them use the training in AC then. Now that both games share the same physics system and general flight characteristics, the training system in AC can provide good experience for mastering EA. Also, training in AC is free and unlimited.
lol I hadn't thought of that!
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies