mouse + saitek rudder

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
johnnylawless
Ensign
Ensign

mouse + saitek rudder

Post by johnnylawless »

Just got a my rudder in. Can I use the mouse combined with rudder?

The game detects my rudder fine & all axes, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure them.

I click "configure controls" >> "click here to configure joystick axis" The I select my rudder up top. Hitting the << >> buttons assigned some items, but they were *stacked* on top of each other. Now it appears as if 10 controls are configured to my rudders. I don't see where to clear this. Also why are they stacking, I was hoping it would just pick one.

Let me know if you need more clarification.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

mouse + saitek rudder

Post by Vice »

Please follow the posting guidelines for this section of the forum ( http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4651 ). Initially:

- Which game are you referring to? Arvoch Alliance, Evochron Mercenary 1, or Evochron Mercenary 2? This impacts how to reply to your inquiry.

- Depending on which game you are trying to map controls to, you either need to click on 'No Axis' to clear any undesired axis bindings when prompted, or click on the channel you want to map/change and select the desired control function independently. Stacking may be a result of one of the axis channels being able to blend with another, but most of the time that shouldn't occur unless you input it into the game that way.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations