Joystick view problem

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Dreamer
Ensign
Ensign

Joystick view problem

Post by Dreamer »

Hi guys new to the game and forum.
Just bought a joystick for this game - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and hope to sue it for other similar games.

The main issue for me is that when I start the game using the joystick, my default view is 'Above Camera View'. And I have a lot of trouble trying to get to the normal cockpit view.
I have only remapped some navigation buttons and my joystick axis. Pressing the default 'v' cycles through an angled 3D view. ALT+v also does not work. I have managed to get a normal cockpit view for tutorial once but am not sure hot to recreate.

Is there something I need to do so that my default view when I start game is my cockpit?

Thanks
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Joystick view problem

Post by Vice »

Yes, go into the Options menu and turn off the HAT control.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Joystick view problem

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Dreamer, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Dreamer
Ensign
Ensign

Joystick view problem

Post by Dreamer »

Thanks for the tip. I ended up solving it by toggling through the devices and found one that worked fine. And the HAT allowed me to view sides etc as well.

Thanks for the welcome and be definitely seeing you all in space as I just finished the racing mission and don't plan to do any more of then :P