Resolution problems

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
gavchap
Ensign
Ensign

Resolution problems

Post by gavchap »

Hey all, just started playing and im having fun so far. My problem is the only selectable reolution in the game is "optimised" but it is clearly not at the rigt resolution, all other settings are in red and non-selectable inluding the resolution that matches my screen. I tried to find the game in my invidia settings but its not there, even running a search for the game on my hard drive only shows up an evochron mercanery internet shortcut, its almost like the game isnt on my computer at all but entirely run on steam to which i have a shortcut, i this why im having problems maybe? Any help would be great guys =]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Resolution problems

Post by Vice »

Specific resolutions will appear red, that is normal any time you're not set to 'Optimized'. It's tough to estimate what may be happening without specifics on your desktop resolution and the resolution the game is using. What may be happening is DirectX is not reporting back to the game that your desktop resolution is available as a 3D capable resolution, so it's defaulting to something lower. Try setting it to Optimized again, then post your desktop resolution and maybe a screenshot of the game in the resolution it defaults to (Print Screen key > paste in an image editor).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Busch
Captain
Captain

Resolution problems

Post by Busch »

If you will, being mindful of the resultant image size and forum size posting limits, either post in the screenshots thread, or here. Or, not that you can't or shouldn't, but as an absolute last resort: send away> starwraith.com > contact. In your image editor, try to use the *.png mangler, the detail helps and is a tad more "germaine" to clue sources. *.jpg/*.jpeg format are just a bit weak for that (imhyco). For the old e-bolt, put your info into a folder, or by itself, on your desktop, or any other useful location. Right-click it and send to zip-file. Attach as needed/desired. (That is, if yer a usin' a Win/Win-clone OS/Browser.) [Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir...again....]

Don't know how Steam does it, but the game/sim normally installs in two locations on a given system. It depends on how you've got your gameing box hard-wired, on where/how the game is physically placed/located. There will be two folders that'll eventually install. The first and most important one is the game folder itself, namely "sw3dg". This sw3dg game folder contains another folder entitled "Evochron Mercenary". This will be the one folder with ALL the game info in it. The read-me files, the data files, and etc. The other "sw3dg" folder (and this one also contains a folder entitled Evochron Mercenary) will eventually contain all the info, files, and etc., that relate to you as a player/pilot. This is called basically your "pilot profile" and is inclusive of the built-in savedata function in-game, your maplog, your hot-key storage, game config files, the pilotX.sw/.bak files and etc. Ya gotts ta start the game and have a "character" (or be one...hehehe) for this folder to really "deploy".
Two suggestions: save early, save often whilst in-game. And make a back-up copy of your profile info on a regular basis. I've found this often helps when my fingers go dyslexic/spastic on me.

Don't wanna jog the old elbow any..... this may help some. :)

[Edited on 11-23-2012 by Busch]

[Edited on 11-23-2012 by Vice]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Resolution problems

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Gavchap, welcome to the game and forum!.....Hope to see you out there some time!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Schmidtrock
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Resolution problems

Post by Schmidtrock »

Welcome from another n00b. I hope you get it sorted soon.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"