Questions and comments.

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
TGS
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Questions and comments.

Post by TGS »

Well having hopped straight in and gotten a nice boost from Braveheart to help me out... as I like to get right into it. The first thing I went towards was the deploy/constructor system. And I have to say for the most part I am loving it. It gives a lot of flexibility and expandability to the game.

All that withstanding... there are a few questions and comments I have on that subject. Firstly... it appears as though there is no cost or limitation aside from the initial investment to the deployables which to me would mean that it is all but an absolute necessity. Basically I can't see why any ship would not want to have one... unless of course it can only be used on certain ships or civilian ships. In which case I suppose it would be a matter of preference though again if your ship could use it you'd almost have to have one. They are just that good.

On the lack of cost/limits to them I would think that a couple of the deployables actually negate the value/worth of some of the other items in the game. IE the sensor deployable kinda negates the probe doesn't it? Why by a temporary probe when you can buy a device that lets you place permanent ones until you leave the sector?

Similarly the same applies to the fuel processor. It basically negates the usefulness or purpose of the fuel converter I would think? And yes I am actually asking the question because I don't know the answer. Maybe Vice spruced up the other devices to make them fill their own niche I'm not sure. But if not... perhaps they could use some love lol.

That all being said I like it... it's balanced in that the deployables are usable by all (I think?) and even if you were to apply a cost to them that sort of cost would be very hard to balance. The only reason I think there should be a cost associated is because you have similar devices that are consumed vs the deployable's that aren't. It's like giving someone a water pistol or a fully automatic rifle. Which one are they gonna choose? :)

And Vice... please don't take these as criticisms because they aren't. I'm just a sucker for game balance and redundancy :)