Request: Bring me X contract

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Staticp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Staticp »

Not sure if this should go here:

Great game! working on my cockpit got tired started building my universe. Any way to get a contract style of Bring me stuff?

The rebels would like 22 units of Metal

Price 28000

Also, Space stations configured to mission type? like i would want a station that only did "peaceful" missions and a station that only did "fighter" missions. Maybe even a whole mission subset config so i could say
-universeData.txt-
Station
ID=1
FactionOwned=Rebel
PossibleMissionID=1
PossibleMissionID=2
Station
ID=2
FactionOwned=Miners
PossibleMissionID=3
PossibleMissionID=4

-contractConfig.txt-
ID 1 Rebel Mining mission lvl 1 = 10 faction 28000credits
ID 2 Rebel Mining mission lvl 2 = 20 faction 50000credits
ID 3 Miners Mining mission lvl 1 = 50 faction 18000credits
ID 4 Miners Mining mission lvl 2 = 100 faction 30000credits

Thanks in advance
-edit i got fat fingers when i sudo code-

[Edited on 3-26-2009 by Staticp]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Great game! working on my cockpit got tired started building my universe. Any way to get a contract style of Bring me stuff?
The 'dynamic' contract system is internal to the game and not generally open to modding (outside of the options discussed below) to the point of pre-selecting a static individual or group of objective types (largely for exploit reasons). However, you could change the description of the retrieval contract to read something like 'bring me stuff in a container'. Then when that contract type becomes available, it will display the text you specify for the retrieval objective. That's done using the text.dat file for in-game text modification.
Also, Space stations configured to mission type? like i would want a station that only did "peaceful" missions and a station that only did "fighter" missions.
Space stations are setup for certain objective types for both station class and the parameters you specify for the system. If you select a carrier combined with ShipsTypeMax set to 12 in the '-Local Ship Types' code block in the universe data file, you'll get military objectives exclusively. If you want peaceful missions, make the system peaceful by setting the reputation level to 0. You can even break it down to a few sectors at a time for individual reputations and contract objectives within the same solar system, you just need a dedicated reputation and ship type code block for each area of space you are defining.

[Edited on 3-26-2009 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Staticp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Staticp »

Thx vice, Ill see what i can do breaking it down into sector like you said (I'm sure I'll have some more questions).

My goal with the mission bit was to give a purpose to metal. The bring me a box of stuff mission doesnt give enough player exchange for what i "wanted to do" (though the TypeMax thing may solve the problem). I was hoping for something like:

sector -1...............Sector 0...............Sector 1
Station#1.............Asteroid Belt........Station#2
Run by rebels.......Open....................Run by Miners

Then going out and "killing time" while you mine for faction and if you happen to bump into a player working his rebel faction... boom goes the dynamite

Also, I jumped on MP the other day and noticed that factions are not tied to pilots (I understand we are merc's) but I would like to see player's highest faction come up on the target view? In my theory above, the two players would be red to eachother because they are running different factions.

Ill leave you alone now back to making my universedata.txt!

Thanks again u rock
-edit "chart"

Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Also, I jumped on MP the other day and noticed that factions are not tied to pilots (I understand we are merc's) but I would like to see player's highest faction come up on the target view? In my theory above, the two players would be red to eachother because they are running different factions.
Multiplayer uses two 'faction' systems. The first is the reputation setup which establishes your reputation with other AI ships. This is adjusted 'on-demand' as you accept contracts (ships you encounter at objective waypoints will generally be against or for the faction specified in the contract). This element of it is seamless you to and lets the AI ships identify your affiliation (and what your threat level to them is). The second is the clan/group/faction linking system for human players. It lets you specify your default reputation to other players in the game and change it to form new links with other clans/groups during gameplay.

The target display shows your clan/group affiliation (established by the letters in brackets) since your contract affiliations generally only matter to AI ships (other human players in the same sector are automatically linked in to contracts) and human players are part of the same 'faction' anyway (subdivided by the clan/group links) which shares the same global system faction reputations.

What you're describing might be best facilitated by some kind of static contract creation system. A player could set up a contract for another player, choosing the factions/players it would be for or against, or players could set them up to complete themselves. This would have some exploit risks, but it's an interesting concept. Not too long ago, I was thinking of something kind of similiar along the lines of a campaign system where multiple contract could be linked together and perhaps even set up by a player. As I broke down what would be required to create such a system, I realized just how massive an undertaking it would be, lol :)
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Staticp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Staticp »

I do love the idea of player run contract...(yeah its probably a giant undertaking) would be nice to have a nub bring me some rockets to my far off station though. I had no idea of the "clan" system either (I had noticed everyone in the "area" gets included in contract waypoints).

I havent noticed any clan affiliation its string based off your name? So:

Staticp is a rookie
[SW] Staticp is the clan based thrilla

Right?
-edit no point in not editing the last one!

berighteous
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by berighteous »

I want bounty hunting contracts against players in MP mode. Pick up a contract in a different system and hunt them down like the dogs they are...
Callsign: [SW]Banjo
-------------
Legends
Flying: Avenger
Rank CAPT - Superior L3
Confirmed Kills: 3500 - Paid Contracts 400+
--------------
Mercenary
Flying: Starmaster. no interesting stats yet.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by berighteous
I want bounty hunting contracts against players in MP mode. Pick up a contract in a different system and hunt them down like the dogs they are...
Yes, Great, I would put a Billion Credit on yours and hunt you down to collect!, Ahh but that would be to easy!:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good