is anyone making new ship components?

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

I am not a 3d cad person so I am asking if anyone is making new ship parts? And if so I wonder if we can get some split engine pod type things(like engines on old bombers) or maybe some biplane or X style wing systems? It would be fun to be able to re-create some of my favorite ships from tv/movies(tho I know exact copies might not be smiled at).
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Originally posted by tk7223
I am not a 3d cad person so I am asking if anyone is making new ship parts? And if so I wonder if we can get some split engine pod type things(like engines on old bombers) or maybe some biplane or X style wing systems? It would be fun to be able to re-create some of my favorite ships from tv/movies(tho I know exact copies might not be smiled at).
Check out mods section.
I'm waiting for "customizing kit" for Legend.
Carwash
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Carwash »

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3463

I'm working on something similar for Legends. Not so copyright infringing tho...

While we're on the subject, Vice, is there any chance future updates can include support for 'modder placed' textures for ships? At the moment i believe you can only have two textures (hull1.jpg and hull2.jpg) and these are mapped to the models by some engine default rather than by the way the textures are applied during the modelling. Or am I missing something :) ?

[Edited on 3-12-2009 by Carwash]
Ian2454
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ian2454 »

Maybe it's time for me to start learning Wings3D again? Should be fun to see what everyone else comes up with too.

On the other hand... If someone goes nuts with textures and polygon counts, wouldn't they pwn you in PvP since your FPS would bottom out whenever you look at them?

[Edited on 3-12-2009 by Ian2454]
Carwash
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Carwash »

God I love sketchup...

VIDEO OF MORE BITS!

[Edited on 3-12-2009 by Carwash]