hi all

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Mostly Harmless
Ensign
Ensign

hi all

Post by Mostly Harmless »

Just wanted to pop on and introduce myself, been a wannabe astronaut since i first watched 'Space Patrol' then 'Fireball XL5' on Tv so that gives an idea how old i am (over 21 shall we say ;) ).

After that i spent my time engrossed in any books to do with space and insisting on watching any scifi that was on the 'box' eg star trek, space 1999 etc the list goes on.

Then one day i came across a item on tv about the bbc model b computer and a certain game called 'ELITE' well after selling my soul and obtaining a hefty loan i did it, i was in space at last, i was in heaven graphics were wire framed but my imagination ran riot. After that i was hooked, tried nearly every space sim that looked the business as well as upgrading machines just to get that newest space sim.

Anyway here i am still stuggling with the latest 'X' game (sorry i loved 'Eve' but its just too damned heavy going for me to be honest) when i get chance; then stumbled on here after a news article on another site. Downloaded and bought the same day and here i am after lurking a few days to get a feel of whats going on. Game wise i'm just doing a few easy asteroid mission/mining jobs and taking it steady but will be looking to earn some bigger cash soon.

hope i have not sent you all to sleep and hope to meet some of you on mp at some point (i'm in the UK so it may cause a few problems time wise)
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

hi all

Post by Daedalao »

There are a lot of players across the world! Welcome aboard MH!
Tycow
Ensign
Ensign

hi all

Post by Tycow »

Originally posted by Mostly Harmless
Just wanted to pop on and introduce myself, been a wannabe astronaut since i first watched 'Space Patrol' then 'Fireball XL5' on Tv so that gives an idea how old i am (over 21 shall we say ;) ).

After that i spent my time engrossed in any books to do with space and insisting on watching any scifi that was on the 'box' eg star trek, space 1999 etc the list goes on.

Then one day i came across a item on tv about the bbc model b computer and a certain game called 'ELITE' well after selling my soul and obtaining a hefty loan i did it, i was in space at last, i was in heaven graphics were wire framed but my imagination ran riot. After that i was hooked, tried nearly every space sim that looked the business as well as upgrading machines just to get that newest space sim.

Anyway here i am still stuggling with the latest 'X' game (sorry i loved 'Eve' but its just too damned heavy going for me to be honest) when i get chance; then stumbled on here after a news article on another site. Downloaded and bought the same day and here i am after lurking a few days to get a feel of whats going on. Game wise i'm just doing a few easy asteroid mission/mining jobs and taking it steady but will be looking to earn some bigger cash soon.

hope i have not sent you all to sleep and hope to meet some of you on mp at some point (i'm in the UK so it may cause a few problems time wise)
Any relation to the Mostly Harmless from the Jolt Freelancer server? :)
verbosity
Captain
Captain

hi all

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Mostly Harmless
(i'm in the UK so it may cause a few problems time wise)
nah not really, there are a few uk players (including me :) ), and a few european ones too, so you're guarenteed to meet a few friendly faces online.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
spelk
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

hi all

Post by spelk »

Welcome to the Starwraith and Evochron community Mostly! Theres a few UK'ers and Euro's here too, so hopefully your online time won't be totally lonesome..
Mostly Harmless
Ensign
Ensign

hi all

Post by Mostly Harmless »

Originally posted by Tycow

Any relation to the Mostly Harmless from the Jolt Freelancer server? :)
no mate sorry
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

hi all

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Mostly Harmless, welcome to our space. Hope to see you on-line soon. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

hi all

Post by Zenith »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the game, I'm in the UK so you may see me online from time to time.
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

hi all

Post by BraveHart »

Welcome aboard Mostly Harmless
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Muni
Ensign
Ensign

hi all

Post by Muni »

I want to say: "Welcome Mostly Harmless"!
Hope to see you in MP.
Ingame Callsign: Muni
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

hi all

Post by tha_rami »

If you're as "mostly harmless" as I am, this will be fun :P.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

hi all

Post by Knight Rider »

Welcome aboard.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

hi all

Post by tk7223 »

Nice to have you on board MH!! If your like me you'll wish you tried this before buying another 'X' game...:)
krayzkrok
Ensign
Ensign

hi all

Post by krayzkrok »

Hi Mostly, or Mr Harmless. I think a lot of us can relate to your dedicated following of space sims. You won't be disappointed with Evochron that's for sure.