Saitex X52 Throttle Problem

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
aspurgeon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by aspurgeon »

Hi Guys,

New player --- just bought ER after playing the demo. Really like it.

I've had an X52 for some time, but I'm having a problem... The throttle axis never seems to get all the way to zero. I can see it in the Saitek Profile software... it seems to sit at 5% when (physically) it is set at zero. I want to be clear -- this is a hardware problem, not a game/config problem. Everything else works great.

My X52 is way out of warranty, so I was wondering if anybody has an idea of how I can "reset" the sensitivity, so it thinks that the lowest position it will go to is zero. I played with deadzones, but it didn't seem to help.

It's kind of annoying... :( Any suggestions?!

Thanks!
Andy
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

I had that also and I reinstalled the stick software and recalibrated the stick and now it works. I don't know what I did right so good luck.
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

If you still have problems I might be able to help. I have been successful with others.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

My X52 started to do that after about six months to a year after I got it (along with the twist axis twitching they commonly get because of the potentiometer used instead of a proper HAL, but that's another topic). What I did was to use the outer-trim bars in the configuration menu (not the central deadzone adjustment, but the outer tabs). To get there use Control Panel > Game Controllers > highlight the X52 then click on Properties > click on the deadzones tab > then click and drag one of the two outer tabs for the Z axis in closer to the middle. For a complete accurate range of motion for my X52, I have to keep the tabs at about 1.5 bars in from the outer edge. Here is a screenshot of that menu for my setup:

StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Bingo! That's what you have to do!:D
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
aspurgeon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by aspurgeon »

Vice,

That's exactly what I needed to do. I had set a dead zone for the throttle, but it wasn't large enough (maybe .5 bars). When I set it to a full bar, it worked great! :D

Like you noted, I also have a little twist axis problem with my X52 -- I get twist rotation when I pitch or turn, but I was able to tweak that away with a little deadzone on the twist axis.

Thanks for the great customer service! And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Gonna be a bit before I'm in MP. Need to work on my flight-fu a bit. ;)

-Andy
IckleChesh
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by IckleChesh »

Welcome aspurgeon. Vice aint bad at customer service. He seems to know what he is talking about:P. I heard a rumor that he was not a bad games designer either.:P

Tiss a great game and you will enjoy lots. See you around!
Originally posted by PingBosun
None - just wish I had an X52!!

Still welocome to ER and see you in MP soon I hope
Ping You need to talk CTG about that. Xmas is soon so maybe you might get lucky!

[Edited on 11-4-2008 by IckleChesh]
They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

Welcome aboard aspurgeon....Vice is the best ;) Will be glad to meet you in MP have a great time with your Flight-Fu he-he....I can help teach if you like. Enjoy this Great Space Sim :)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Welcome aspurgeon.
PingBosun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by PingBosun »

Originally posted by IckleChesh

Ping You need to talk CTG about that. Xmas is soon so maybe you might get lucky!

[Edited on 11-4-2008 by IckleChesh]
Already have - not much verbal response, but if looks could kill, Eclipse would have NO chance!!!