Wat about adding a dynamic Campaign?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Xanix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Xanix »

Hello. Today, I've found this new game from StarWraith. I'm already a user of Evochron Alliance, because of the free form mode. It's like the old Elite!
I'm very impressed wit the demo of Arvoch, but, I really don't like scripted missions. Wat about adding somehow a dynamic campaign to it! Every side could have a limited amount of resources to conquer the sectors of all the game's space. The player as the Supreme Commander could assign missions for the Battle Group and even fly the missions, or let the bots take it and follow them wit a external camera.
One more sugestion for Evochrom and maybe Arvoch. I really wanted to be able of landyng on a Planet surface. Maybe a landing gear could be added to the space ship, so the player could land on the Astroports of some major cityes. Maybe the player could simply land, get out of the ship and admire the view.
Well, it's really late here.

- Regards

Xanix
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I'm very impressed wit the demo of Arvoch, but, I really don't like scripted missions. Wat about adding somehow a dynamic campaign to it!
I haven't spent much time developing it, but AC has a built-in ability to handle mission files while the game is running. This means you can make a dynamic campaign with several plot/mission paths using a 'plug-in' type of system (a small application that runs along with the game and manages the campaign in real time based on the player's performance and mission results). When the game asks for the next mission, the plug-in analyzes the player's results and generates the next mission as needed. It also lets you build entirely random linear campaigns, if desired. This option has not been developed yet, but the capability to do it is basically built into the game. I hope to be able to implement such an option in the not too distant future.

On-foot FPS modes won't likely be added to the games, but I'm open to ideas on what you'd want to do with a different landing mode than what's available now.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

That plug-in sounds very interesting Vice. If only you can keep the AI/enemies challenging enough.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news