[EL SE] Cockpit glass membrane

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
MarcusInVR
Ensign
Ensign

[EL SE] Cockpit glass membrane

Post by MarcusInVR »

In a unique effort, Alliance and Federation brought forth an independent team of technicians that had a look at the glass canopies, and developed a better material for the glass. Mostly for the looks - it does nothing else.

The Cockpit Canopy Glass Membrane Alloy (CCGMA) is now available to all commanders.

Comes in all qualities - including Very High (side note: -veryhigh.png for file names is missing in the documentation for the cockpit textures).

// EDIT: Forgot to mention... the files need to go into media/hud.

[ DOWNLOAD ]

Example

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [EL SE] Cockpit glass membrane

Post by Marvin »

I'm not sure I'd want to see that all the time but it would look cool if it flickered momentarily when the ship was hit by a weapon, or the ship was entering an atmosphere (added to the current fiery overheat) or during the ship's initial startup.
MarcusInVR
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MarcusInVR »

It reacts to light in the environment and is not visible all the time. The screenshot basically shows how it can look like.
TraderDan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TraderDan »

I love this effect I used a similar screen on the Metroid gunship I'm building - basically anything black in the image will show up as transparent in the game so you can tune the opacity to your liking by increasing or decreasing the darkness of the image
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Well, that's cool.