Amount / content of solar systems mod'able?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
MarcusInVR
Ensign
Ensign

Amount / content of solar systems mod'able?

Post by MarcusInVR »

Hi all,

not sure where else to post this question - search in the forums didn't turn up anything in that direction.

Is it possible by means of a specific text or data file to create a different map than the one in-game, or is the map hard-coded and cannot be altered? Just wondering as I am interested in expanding the map a little.

If it can be done, please let me know how to add stations, planets etc, including coordinate mechanism.

Best
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Amount / content of solar systems mod'able?

Post by Vice »

Hello,

Probably best suited to the game specific forum, so I'll likely move it there shortly.

The game's universe is internal and fixed, so it's not available for modification.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
TraderDan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TraderDan »

I haven't experimented with it yet and I don't think you can add celestial bodies but I think some degree of expansion is possible through making custom quests. Perhaps Vice can correct me if I'm misinformed.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

You can expand the universe through quests but the expansions will only be temporary. Items are created via stages in a quest and, once a player reaches that specific stage, the item(s) are generated. At the conclusion of the stage, they disappear.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

As Marv points out, entities created within a quest are temporary for the duration of the quest stage they apply for. Universe objects are a fixed part of the game's data set.

Stations were mentioned in the opening post, but those are a more dynamic part of the game's universe and are built/destroyed by player activities.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations