Dual Screen

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
CS-ACI-
Commander
Commander

Dual Screen

Post by CS-ACI- »

Hello everyone, not been around for a while, work can be time consuming.

But what I have been doing at work can be used here maybe.

We use several versions of Dual Screen (Windows 10/11).

The two main options we use and both could work for Evochron.

First, he app we use at work uses both screens as one allowing more data to be shown.

Second, and what would be better here is the normal view on your selected monitor and the second screen having secondary display/buttons.

The reason that choosing which screen is which, my laptop is touch screen but I plug it into 24 inch monitor.

On a side note, looking at new laptops with 4K display and 4K output via HDMI. This is mainly for work but it would make for an impressive cockpit.

This may have been talked about else where, but could not find it easily, to many results for screen.

Steve
[align=center][SW] CS-ACI-
Desk jockey and experimental pilot.
[/align]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dual Screen

Post by Vice »

For a game, some of that capability can depend on the display device and driver (ie triple-head setups) and may be used to stretch the displayed scene across multiple side-by-side monitors (the game does support adjustable FOV and aspect ratio settings for some configurations like that). Multiple monitor output in terms of cockpit holographic displays/readouts isn't something that is supported by the development platform the game is written in. However, the LinkApp can likely be used on a separate monitor while the main game scene is rendered on another one. I will PM you a link for a Windows variant you can try to see if it might work with your setup.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations