Finally Playable on Steam Deck.

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Finally Playable on Steam Deck.

Post by Ohsirus »

Just installed GE-Proton 8.10 and for the first time was able to load up EL and not crash on game loading. Hud/Text are small, but was able to achieve 35+ fps on High/Medium mix.
TraderDan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Finally Playable on Steam Deck.

Post by TraderDan »

I know the PC version is superior, but [EL] also has a mobile port, maybe Vice will eventually add multiplayer support
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I guess I may need to post details on the forum regarding mobile game projects to help clarify their status, limitations, and design objectives beyond the existing store page information. Evochron Mobile is an experimental project and is very different (and limited) compared to EL or other desktop games in the series. Hence, the mobile game is not a 'port' of EL. I'll try to put some information together and may make a post in the general forum with further information. Some or all of my mobile games may get pulled at some point as well. They may get dropped at any time should Google change storefront requirements/compatibility beyond what the development platform I use supports or any other terms/conditions are changed. And if that does happen at some point, I may simply offer such games directly from a website for sideloading via APK.

Back to the OP's topic. Glad to hear things work well on Proton 8.10 with EL-SE. They must have changed some things to expand compatibility further.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
TraderDan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TraderDan »

Thanks for the clarification Vice, still a great game in any format :-)