Wishlist # 327

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Dalen Rahn
Ensign
Ensign

Wishlist # 327

Post by Dalen Rahn »

• Add a notepad so I can write notes about certain planets I should colonize (liberate), and planets I should avoid. I’ve had several instances where I waste my time re-scouting a surface planet because I forgot what the conditions were, or if the mineral deposits are just not to my liking. The Map Log is limited in the amount you can type. Maybe hover over the planet and give contextual info of what I wrote? Not a novel of info but just basic info like ‘not worth it’ or ‘very low mineral count’ or ‘too much hybrid’ or ‘very high metal deposits’.

Some planet’s surfaces can’t support the structures I build. They sink in the ground. Mostly those Ice Planets. That looks horrible.

I am a terraforming, exploration, independent operator! ;D
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wishlist # 327

Post by Vice »

Probably won't be adding something like that at this stage, but there are a couple of options you could try. Abbreviated lines in the maplog might be one (ie LMC = low mineral count). Another is you can open the maplog in a text editor and expand a line far beyond the 40 characters to include more details. Just be sure to retain the formatting in that file and only expand an existing line of text without changing line breaks or sector/coordinate values.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Dalen Rahn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dalen Rahn »

Where is the Maplog located? I have both versions of the game, but I mainly use the steam version.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Both use the same save data folder, '\Documents\EvochronLegacySE' and the maplog files are 'maplog#.txt' where the # is the same index number as your pilot profile files (so 'pilot0se.sw' is linked to 'maplog0.sw').
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Some planet’s surfaces can’t support the structures I build. They sink in the ground. Mostly those Ice Planets.
I don't think it's supposed to work that way. :thinking:
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Marvin wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:06 pm
Some planet’s surfaces can’t support the structures I build. They sink in the ground. Mostly those Ice Planets.
I don't think it's supposed to work that way. :thinking:
They can, especially on snowy planets where city structures can be built into the snow and it significantly covers them. Others can be built somewhat into the ground, depending on terrain type and grade.
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Snow. Even when it's over for the year, it ain't over. :snowflake:

Btw, I don't use Steam to launch Evochron games but, if you do, there seems to be a problem with Steam right now. It forced a rather big update yesterday and I'm wondering if that's the problem or if that was Steam's attempt at a solution.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Steam applied an update to its own software, or to this game? I'm not aware of any issues with the game. What was the problem with Steam you ran into?
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Players couldn't log in or launch their game. I think it might have something to do with how some games can be linked to Steam via the game's own website or sales. I'll be checking Uboat later today to see if the problem persists ... assuming you can also purchase Uboat directly from PlayWay (which, if you can, I can't find where, on their website, to do it)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Okay, got another update to Steam just now. Not as big as yesterday's. Afterward, Uboat launched okay. No problems. So maybe Steam has fixed whatever it was they broke yesterday.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ah ok, I think I remember reading some comments about that yesterday. I guess Valve may have broken something in their own software that disabled access to a lot of games on their service.
StarWraith 3D Games