Best of Both Worlds?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Dalen Rahn
Ensign
Ensign

Best of Both Worlds?

Post by Dalen Rahn »

Vice, if I continually help a certain faction in their ‘struggle against the empire’. Will I/can I, gain positive relations with that faction? And in doing so, gain negative relations with the other? Either on a permanent basis or temporarily? The more I continue to help, the more it maintains that status? And get ‘certain’ perks because of it? I root for the underdog!

Also, I hate seeing ‘the bullies’ picking on the helpless, and littering my yard (space around my station) with cargo crates. Keep space clean! So I wanna' help!

The reason why I ask this again is I’d rather not have to pay for docking fees if I have to switch my allegiance to one faction or the other. And I really don't want to! ;D

I know we spoke about this before, and you told me if I switch, all my stations will become ‘neutral’ to me? Booo! ;)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Best of Both Worlds?

Post by Vice »

Indeed, similar to and to expand on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14030 - You can cause some temporary shifts in hostility among spacecraft you attack and can shift territory control for a given faction by destroying an opposing faction's ship. But your declared allegiance remains as you set in your profile and various reputation links will be retained.

So if you remain IND, you will continue to be subject to the requirements and conditions that it includes. Switching to ALC or FDN and then using an IND station will require a fee in the same way IND pays a fee to ALC/FDN stations. But you will be able to then dock at affiliated ALC/FDN stations with no fee. And you can always apply such changes temporarily.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations