Evochron Legacy SE crashing

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Evochron Legacy SE crashing

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi to all New Comers and Old Friends,

It has been a long time since my last post in 2016. I just recently started playing Evochron Legends SE about a year ago and can highly recommend it with all the new inprovements and updates. Vice does an amazing job at keeping his games up to date and improved.

Vice, I have send you an email with the following problem:

I built allot of stations over the last year about almost 500 or more while exploring and are still building more while exploring.
With the latest game update when you hit the "View Station Details" button now instead of showing only the Stations where you have Items stored it shows all the 500 or more Stations I have Built and the Stations where I have equipment stored in the communications/chat area top left corner. If I hit the "View Station Details" button 2 more times the communications/chat area seems to reach its display of information limit and crashes the game. I do not know if any one else has built so many stations and have almost a full maplog to see if the same thing happens to them. Can any one else confirm?

As Always Thanks for any solution and fix to the problem.

Maarschalk
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evochron Legacy SE crashing

Post by Vice »

Hi Maars, welcome back. I got the e-mail and have replied with a test build that includes a fix. The message log limit could indeed be exceeded when multiple bursts of station data was sent to it like that. The changes will now run more frequent limit checks and handle as many as may be needed.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Evochron Legacy SE crashing

Post by Marvin »

Way back when programming was either BASIC or ML, I always hated having to dimension an array, preferring to leave it open ended. I'd be curious as to how Vice got around that limitation. :thinking: