Unable to leave planetay base

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Dalen Rahn
Ensign
Ensign

Unable to leave planetay base

Post by Dalen Rahn »

Vice, you fixed the command issue but a new issue arose. I can't leave the planetary command tower. I'm stuck. The engines are roaring but I can't move.

Also, my preset joystick controls were affected. Weird. Never encountered this before.

Let me know is I need to send you a save file.

Thanks for your time.

-Craig
Last edited by Dalen Rahn on Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unable to leave planetay base

Post by Vice »

It may just be a power-to-weight issue with the ship you are currently using making it difficult to take off. First, relock the city tractor beam to center yourself with the surface by opening the inventory console. Then with the inventory console still open and your ship now level with the docking pad and above it, run your engines up to full. Then disengage the docking tractor beam by closing the inventory console and immediately also apply upward vertical thrusters. The combination of the three should allow for a take-off, even if you are flying a significantly underpowered ship design.

Not sure on the joystick controls. I'd need to learn more about what specifically was affected. Swapping devices around can result in shifting control bindings. So that might be one possibility. External factors (ie third party control software) might be another possibility.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Dalen Rahn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dalen Rahn »

There's something going on because I can't clear the inventory screen. Also, I can't sell anything, it's like the buttons on the UI don't work. Steam had an update yesterday, I believe, I'm wondering if this is the issue.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Check to see if SteamInput may have gotten activated somehow. That system is known to interfere with games communicating with Windows through default DirectInput and XInput API's. It can block the normal lines of communication and interfere with axis/button inputs. Perhaps an update to SteamInput broke or changed something. Steps to disable SteamInput per game and additional details are available in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4651
Joystick or Other Controller Not Working section

In short:

"To disable SteamInput, right click on the game in your library, then click on ‘Controller’, then under ‘Override for Evochron Legacy SE’, select ‘Disable Steam Input’ from the drop down menu. Then launch and test the game for changes."
StarWraith 3D Games
Dalen Rahn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dalen Rahn »

Just followed your instructions but the HUD won't allow me to access anything just like before. I select the big X (upper right) to disengage from station, and it does nothing. Nor do the other HUD buttons. The controller is fine, it's the HUD that has issues.

Edit: I did verify file integrity, just incase.
Last edited by Dalen Rahn on Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

So the mouse input works in the main menu, but does not in-game?

In the Options > 'Menu/Console Control' line, if you open that menu, what is displayed there for 'Button Input for Left MB' and 'Button Input for Right MB'? Or is the mode set to 'Off'?

Are you certain you're not running any kind of 3rd party control input software, such as DS4Windows, PPJoy, XPadder, etc?
StarWraith 3D Games
Dalen Rahn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dalen Rahn »

There was a conflict with the MB, but what's strange is I never had to worry about that option. It seems to be working now so all apologies for wasting your time on a goose chase. I'll definitely keep an eye open on that menu screen in the future. I'm just happy to playing again!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

No worries, glad you got it to work and that's all it was. Good flying :)
StarWraith 3D Games