Evochron Mobile (1.0918): Axis Device Flight Controls/Map Input Bug crash. *FIXED 1.0928*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Raptorrdude
Ensign
Ensign

Evochron Mobile (1.0918): Axis Device Flight Controls/Map Input Bug crash. *FIXED 1.0928*

Post by Raptorrdude »

So this has apparently been a problem since the last two updates before. I was gonna post this but forgot.

https://youtu.be/QhqJhi0i8Fo

Currently there seems to be a problem with the Axis Device Flight Controls button. Cause after clicking it and then clicking Map Input button. It gives a "Error: Invalid joystick index, valid range is 1-8 in main.agc at line 10847". After clicking ok and letting it close this. The game screen Flickers like nuts. Then when trying to click something, It doesn't respond and causes the game to crash/close.

Even on a brand new Install.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks, I'll be working on a fix. That does appear to occur if you don't have a control device plugged in/connected, somehow the input system is being enabled to check and not being properly disabled when no device is detected. An update should roll out sometime in the next day or so.

Edit: Updates rolled out for both Evochron Mobile and Arvoch Space Combat to prevent the error message. They should be available sometime later today or by tomorrow at the latest. Moving this over to the general Evochron forum since this issue isn't related to the PC games.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Raptorrdude
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Evochron Mobile (1.0918): Axis Device Flight Controls/Map Input Bug crash. *FIXED 1.0928*

Post by Raptorrdude »

Vice wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:20 pm Thanks, I'll be working on a fix. That does appear to occur if you don't have a control device plugged in/connected, somehow the input system is being enabled to check and not being properly disabled when no device is detected. An update should roll out sometime in the next day or so.

Edit: Updates rolled out for both Evochron Mobile and Arvoch Space Combat to prevent the error message. They should be available sometime later today or by tomorrow at the latest. Moving this over to the general Evochron forum since this issue isn't related to the PC games.
Already got the update. Google seemed to been fast on it. Working great now.