Evochron Legacy and Mobile

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
JivetheSuperTurkey
Ensign
Ensign

Evochron Legacy and Mobile

Post by JivetheSuperTurkey »

[font=]I wanna start off by saying the games are f#n great! I found the android version a year or so ago and play it on and off. I've recently gotten really into it and discovered/downloaded the demo for SE (Eagerly awaiting payday so i can grab the full version, removed ads on the mobile version to hold me over ;D ). I was wondering if its possible to use the desktop version as a sort of advanced tutorial for the mobile game (Getting used to systems and mechanics on a bigger screen with easier controls) or are they too different for that to work? I know the store description calls it a light version of SE. Also curious about the status of updates for the android version![/font]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evochron Legacy and Mobile

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome. There are similarities between the desktop and mobile version, so many of the same principles can be learned and practiced in the training mode of the desktop game. Menus/UI's and some methods being different, but the concepts of sectors, star systems, consoles, and combat are fairly similar.

The desktop games generally consume most of my time and the Android projects are largely experimental to gauge feasibility and interest. Feedback, support, and interest will help determine if I continue with those projects or not, including practicality on mobile devices for most players (touch devices being limited with some of the mechanics the games require). Google may also decide to deprecate some billing/API version number (which they've been doing a lot of lately) that they depend on and remove them from the store. But for now, I still plan to collect feedback for practicality/usability, gauge interest, and review metrics to guide possible updates and determine long term viability to decide what directions to go, or not, in the future.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations