This maybe a silly question, but how to I update my version?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
GnomeVader
Ensign
Ensign

This maybe a silly question, but how to I update my version?

Post by GnomeVader »

And why isn't there an email notification to tell me that there has been a version upgrade? Same goes for the other game Evochron?
Thank you
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This maybe a silly question, but how to I update my version?

Post by Vice »

The game itself will notify you when there is an update and provide the option to download it. The same is true for the direct download version of Evochron Legacy. For Arvoch Alliance SE, you can download the latest installer at https://www.arvoch.com and for Evochron Legacy SE, https://www.evochron.com

And if you need registration support, you'll just need to contact me directly: https://www.starwraith.com > contact
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

You need to select the option to check for updates. It's on the first Options page, at the very bottom. Once it's selected, you'll get the "Update" page every time you try to launch the game. Clicking on the button will send you to the page where you can update the game.
GnomeVader
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GnomeVader »

Can you please post screen shots for both games where I can update, please, for both Arvoch and Evochon.
When I launch the games I don't see an options to directly update the games there.
Please print screen shots of the in-game location where I can manually check and on the websites.
Sorry, I am just feeling a little confused and I am new.

PS: I have purchased both games.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It is in the same location in both games, here it is in Evochron (right click on the image to save the full size version):

And here it is in Arvoch:

When that option is enabled, it will check once every 24 hours and then prompt you to download an update if one is available.

If you want to check manually, I'd recommend checking the announcements here: https://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19 And when a new update is announced, you can manually update by going to the game's website(s) (links above) and downloading the latest installer.

You can also manually check by turning the update option 'Off', then 'On' again, then restarting the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Be advised that (unless it's changed), when you select the option (as seen in the screenshots), the option to either update or go to the website will pop up every time there is a new version available. It will pop up after you launch the game, before the game actually starts.

Usually, to get to the screen posted above, you'll first need to select a pilot profile and start the game. You'll then get the menu where you can either start a game, change your pilot, or go to Options. If you've selected the Update option and a new version of the game is available, you will get the "New Version" screen instead.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

A new version is available today. If you've set your options so that you get the Update message when you start the game, you will go directly to the Update page. There, you will have three choices: (1) Visit Website, which will take you to the Starwraith website; (2) Download Update Now, which will take you to the game update page; (3) Exit, which will bypass the update and let you start the game under the previous version.