Yellow box around Emerald System in quadrant map?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Yellow box around Emerald System in quadrant map?

Post by Rangoon »

Started a brand new game, in Talison. Is there a reason for the yellow box around Emerald? My nav point is in Talison. I can click on other systems and they will have a green box around them. I can't seem to clear the yellow box. Nor do I understand its meaning (if any).

Thanks!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Yellow box around Emerald System in quadrant map?

Post by Marvin »

Do you have any quests activated? Is the entire sector boxed in or just a single object?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Edit: Correction, there can be a yellow 'box'. See my follow up two posts below.

The only yellow system indicator I'm aware of for the nav map in quadrant mode is the highlight bracket for the current nav point. It will show the system you are currently in before selecting a new nav point in another system. But if the nav point is in Talison, then the yellow bracket should be there. If that doesn't seem to be working correctly, you can send me a screenshot of what you see and I should be able to determine more.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rangoon »

Indeed, I don't see it today. It was definitely a yellow box, like the green box when you hover the mouse over a system. The yellow Nav point icon (like four corners but not a box) is a different shape. I saw the yellow box, yellow Nav symbol, and a green box all simultaneously.

I tried placing Nav points in systems and outside systems, zooming in and out of systems, etc., trying to see if it would reappear, but it did not. Must have just been a glitch. If I see it again, I'll try to snap a screenshot.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I was wrong, there is an event that can trigger a yellow box. I'd forgotten it had been added as part of the station attack framework to give the player a visual reference. What you likely saw was a yellow box around Emerald as a system that was actively under a station attack. When that happens though, you will also see a station attack alert in the upper right section of the HUD when no console is open. When the nav map is open and in quadrant mode, the yellow box will appear to provide a visual indication of which system has a station that is under attack.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rangoon »

Yes, that's it! I do remember seeing the station attack info in the upper right. I didn't put two and two together. Thanks for clarifying that.