Gamepad triggers for inertial forward/reverse?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gamepad triggers for inertial forward/reverse?

Post by Vice »

On the thumbstick button signal crossover, I don't know. That is indeed a strange one that I don't recall being reported before. The inconsistency and unreliability of VR has been a persistent issue over the years, so without further information, it seems like another example of some of the quirks I'd run into earlier in the effort to support VR. If there was a third-party program involved that applied keyboard (or another button) input through the controller signals, that would make sense. It'd be nice if the controller would send any buttons/axis signals backs through something like DInput as it would be an effective option to diagnose and analyze.

Buttons 3 and 4 should have been listed for the throttle flight mode, I've corrected those listings. 5 (countermeasures) can be used in either flight mode, index 5 is listened to in both modes for CM's.

0 is to null out a button listener (a value above the index limit of the device would likely to the same as well).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rangoon »

That's what I was assuming about the 0 value. It wasn't working for me, so wanted to confirm. I will probably be busy the next couple of days at least, but I'll try to do a little more testing at my next opportunity. I may even be able to get home for a few days in the next week or two. I can try this with Pimax 8K X and the index controllers. Maybe Oculus is just not standardized. Of course then I also get to enjoy this in VR with HOTAS for a moment. Sure hope so.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, test build is ready and I've e-mailed the details to you.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rangoon »

Okay, thanks. I had a few busy days, contract ending, reposition, then all day yesterday in the car driving home. Should have a few days with a little time each day to try things out. More soon...via email. I'll trial with both Oculus and Pimax/Index.