Capital ships

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
odin
Ensign
Ensign

Capital ships

Post by odin »

How do you destroy a capital ships that is a requirement in some missions?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Capital ships

Post by Vice »

In Arvoch Alliance, you'll generally be provided a ship and weapons powerful enough to complete the objective as part of the campaign (or selectable in multiplayer). In Evochron Legacy, you'll need to work to acquire a ship with sufficient capabilities, weapons, and equipment in order to destroy one. There are also specific weapons designed for capital ship strikes, but it takes quite a lot of in-game credits to acquire them. So if you're not at that level yet, it may be best to avoid them until you are or join up with other players online to cooperatively take one down.

As far as tactics, you'll want to fly in ways to avoid their turrets, usually high speed flybys over the top and/or bottom while firing at them with heavy weapons. Use harmonized beam weapons to cut through the shields first, then follow up with particle cannons and missiles once you've knocked an array low enough.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
odin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odin »

I'm playing Evochron Legacy SE though, learning the game :) I assume it's the same tactics?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yes, same principles, just some variation in weapon and ship capabilities between the two games. Arvoch is more story/campaign/mission based while Evochron is more freeform. So with Arvoch, most of what you need is provided for you as part of the campaign or as configuration/loadout options in multiplayer while Evochron requires building and earning things by managing resources through a more player-directed freeform design.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
odin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odin »

I see, Evochron is more like my kind of game. :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

There are also specific weapons designed for capital ship strikes, but it takes quite a lot of in-game credits to acquire them.
Rocket packs and torpedoes are unguided, extremely powerful weapons best used against slow or stationary targets. Not sold everywhere but, if you find them and can afford them, stock up before heading out to combat the big ships.