[EL 2.0278] Textures not used by /media/hud and slight error in bitmapfont32c.png

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Yomli
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 2.0278] Textures not used by /media/hud and slight error in bitmapfont32c.png

Post by Yomli »

Relevant system specifications: none, reproduced on three different systems running on two different OS

Hi,

I was making a HUD mod for Evochron Legacy SE on Steam when I noticed 2 bugs:
  1. Despite being properly placed in /media/hud/, some textures are not used, no matter what: cyan.png, icon-circle180.png, icon-circle180b.png, icon-circle300.png and icon-circle300b.png. I tried placing them in /hud/, thinking their path was not updated since Evochron Legacy, but it didn't work.
  2. The file /media/bitmapfont32c.png contains a slight error here: https://imgur.com/a/FQhFXe5
Keep up the good work :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL 2.0278] Textures not used by /media/hud and slight error in bitmapfont32c.png

Post by Vice »

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Indeed, there were some leftovers from the older version that no longer apply. 'cyan.png' is no longer used, 'hud-motion.png' is now used for the motion ladder/tunnel texture. Only the larger icon-circle ('b') textures are now used for the nav map and did work properly for me when I tested them today. Just keep in mind that those textures will only appear when you deploy a sensor station or a sensor probe anyway. I have updated the customizing kit accordingly for the relevant image names and removed the line in the bracket character for the next planned update.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Yomli
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL 2.0278] Textures not used by /media/hud and slight error in bitmapfont32c.png

Post by Yomli »

Thanks, hud-motion.png works like a charm, and I managed to get icon-circleXb.png to appear by overwriting the textures of the customizing kit. Don't know what was causing the bug, maybe a typo.

Kind regards.