Newbee Questions

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
speedyR
Ensign
Ensign

Newbee Questions

Post by speedyR »

hi all,

somewhat returning player, at least I have a forum account from 2007 haha....

okay, I've bought Evochron Legacy SE from Steam a few days back
as I really like(d) ED, X4 and all the older Games like XWings, Ties, WingCommanders and so on...

and I'm having some complexity problems as I'm in the older range propably (50+) and not english native speaking...

either way, here some Qs I hope you don't mind being asked and not searched for:

I also have (had) that problem of Low Speed like jird had in may 2020 (that thread is locked as I had answered there), though I know now the "reason" or a solution to it, as I don't know if that's a bug or works as intended because of my language barrier... haha......
But, Flying in IDS x1 limits your speed indeed to some 560+(?) more or less, (first I thought that because of that beginner engine/ship), but increasing that with NUM 9 will increase your possible max speed aswell, that is 1120+ for x2, 1700+ for x3...
switching IDS off to Inertial removes that restriction

I have seen Wares change prizes at different locations and on demand,
but what is with devices, weapons, building, ship parts, modules and such?
I have read some modules are really hard to find, so I think finding some of these should be instant buy anywhere, but others?
Also are the modules "always" awailable at the same stations or even there there is some RNG involved and it's possible I missed already opportunities to buy good stuff because I went away from that system?

Also, that could be just RNG, but I want to ask anyway,
I started as a rookie (which I*m still being haha) with some mining, and I saw I could buy some C3 and C4 things (or level 3 and level 4 or how's the terminus), this stayed the same after a good few mining ops, but after some 500.000 $ (and all level 4 equip installed) I do now find also level 5 things there....
Is the station inventory dependend on your wealth or ship installments? Or some RNG involved?

Thanx guys, I do have more Qs, but one after the other ... haha ;-)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Newbee Questions

Post by Vice »

Hello.

If I'm understanding your questions correctly, here are some answers/comments.

IDS and Speed Limits:
Yes, on the subject of selectable speed, the IDS is in direct control of the available cruise speed range. It will scale based on the multiplier you select. So 1X will provide the lowest range of selectable speed settings (the 'Set Speed' range) while 9X will provide the greatest range. You can disable the IDS system and then apply forward thrusters to accelerate beyond the range of the cruise range limits applied by the IDS when it is on. You can also override the IDS with it on for strafe controls if you need to drift right/left/up/down. Or turn it off to freely drift in a particular direction.

IDS is useful and often important when you need to perform docking maneuvers, fly inside planet atmospheres, near gravity fields, around asteroids or other objects, and in combat because it also helps keep your ship moving in the direction it is facing for such situations. And the speed capping can help keep things in a range where your ship is much easier to maneuver.

Additionally, the type of ship you have and its engine do effect the cruise speed range. So you can change the range by changing to a different frame as well as increase the available IDS limits by installing a better engine.

Item Values and Types:
By modules, I'm assuming you are referring to equipment items. For those along with weapons and commodities, the prices will vary depending on location. Ship components (available in the shipyard - resistor packs, modules, wings, engines, and hull plating) are generally available anywhere, but ship frames are limited based on location (higher tech/econ rated systems will generally offer higher model ship frames). And some frames (military) are only available in war zones. For equipment, commodities, and weapons, availability can also vary with location. Some higher tech equipment and weapon items will only be available at higher tech/econ rated system and sometimes, only or mostly in a particular industry (displayed with a letter after a local planet's name). Inventories due also vary and rotate. So what may not be available at one point in time may be available later on when you return to visit.

Item Level Variation:
Prices will typically vary by your wealth and local market conditions, but item levels (classes) will usually be pretty consistent. You can find situations where a higher-class unit is intermittently available though. Again, that comes down to variable market conditions and resulting opportunities. You can also increase the local market conditions through building, which can increase the local tech/econ level further, and that can bring in higher level equipment and weapon items. So there are multiple factors involved, including some you can directly manipulate through build options.

Some more information is available in the instructions: https://www.starwraith.com/evochronlega ... readme.htm

And you might find some of the tutorial videos useful if you prefer a more visual format: https://www.youtube.com/user/SFSW/videos
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
speedyR
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Newbee Questions

Post by speedyR »

Thank you very much Vice!

I will come back when I have more Questions!
Have a nice Week!