A bit confused (SE version)...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Grinder
Ensign
Ensign

A bit confused (SE version)...

Post by Grinder »

I'm probably dumb, but I haven't played this game in a while. I purchased it a while ago, i.e. several years ago, and am not exactly sure whether I can upgrade this to SE or not. In fact, I'm a bit confused on how exactly to update at all. From some of the things I've read, it seems I can run the install program, but I don't think I have that still. Went through my emails and found my payment confirmation and my forum join confirmation, but I don't really remember what I did to install the game initially, or if I even have whatever I downloaded to do the install. I have a lot of stuff on my HD, and clear it off pretty regularly, but things get jumbled around sometimes. I'm pretty sure I don't have the SE edition, but that's part of the confusion. Is it a standalone, or can I just update the game to it, and if so how? Also, I have a mod I really like on my current install, that changes the HUD that I really like, I'm guessing upgrading will F that up? Not really sure what the name of the mod is, like I said, it's been a few years.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A bit confused

Post by Vice »

Hi Grinder. Yes, if you purchased the original version, you can upgrade to the 'SE' version for free. It is an optional update and moves the game over to 64-bit and Vulkan as well as including a number of improvements and changes (details on the initial update versions are available here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13726 ). If you need any registration support, simply contact me via e-mail (starwraith.com > contact). To update, you'll just need to download and run the installer for the SE version: https://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/downloads.htm

If you're using default folder assignments for the save games, then the SE version will automatically import your previous save games and other associated files. You can continue to keep the original 1.X version installed and run it separately, if desired or needed.

The mod may work, at least most of it, depending on what modifications were made. Some filenames and locations have changed, including the need to move any HUD mods to the '\media' folder in the SE version. But you can copy the HUD folder from the old version over to that '\media' folder in the new version to gauge what works. Details on the customizing options for the SE version are available here: https://starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/c ... readme.htm
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Grinder
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grinder »

Thank you for your reply. I will play with it when I get some time.
Grinder
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grinder »

Well, I gave it a shot, it did change the HUD by moving the old HUD folder over, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be the HUD I actually use in the previous version, but it DID change, so I guess I will just have to play with it. Maybe I can find a similar mod for this version of the game, who knows, gotta love the modders. Thanks again.