[AA 2.1788, EL 2.0188b] Games start to load but stop. *FIXED*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Darkman
Ensign
Ensign

[AA 2.1788, EL 2.0188b] Games start to load but stop. *FIXED*

Post by Darkman »

- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
- Version of Windows: 10 Pro ( 20H2) 64-bit
- Installed memory (RAM): 16GB
- 3D video card make, model, and driver version: MSI, nVidia GeForce GTX 970 OC 4GB, 466.27

When I start either of these games they begin to load in to memory. I looked on Task Manager and they appear in the Background Processes list. They reach between 4.2MB and 4.3MB of RAM being used and when they do, 0% CPU usage for them is then displayed indefinitely.

I have searched the forums for similar problems so I referred to and tried all the suggestions that Vice posted in this topic with no success:
Here

The games downloaded are from the website not Steam.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [AA 2.1788, EL 2.0188b] Games start to load but stop.

Post by Vice »

The issue in the other thread was caused by missing DirectX components, which no longer apply to the SE versions of the games (they no longer have those DirectX dependencies).

If the games can't launch, that usually indicates external interference by other software running in the background (typically security related, ie BitDefender), blocking the game from being allowed to start. I'd initially recommend checking with any antivirus/security software you may be running, then enable a gaming mode (if available) or provide an exception for the game. If that's not it or the problem persists, feel free to contact me for direct support by following the steps here: https://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208 No need to send the save game, just the zipped msinfo report.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Darkman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darkman »

I did what you suggested and added both games to my Bitdefender 'Advanced Threat Defence' list and they now work with no issues. Thank you !

I had only tried disabling the anti-virus and firewall before and so that explains what went wrong. The games don't need to be placed on the 'Antivirus' or 'Online Threat Prevention' exceptions lists, just the 'Advanced Threat Defence' list.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Glad that was it, thanks for the follow up.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations