Wishlist: ASD/on spectrum friendly console commands?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
rudistarset08
Ensign
Ensign

Wishlist: ASD/on spectrum friendly console commands?

Post by rudistarset08 »

Good morning,

new player/recent discovery (via X4), finally found a game that can help me achieve my deep space exploration dream!

With busy daily life and amount of stuff to keep in head, upkeep-like features tend to stress me out as never ending todo (and real life has enough of that!). Would it be possible to include console commands or obscure setting file change to turn off crew loyalty decay? I'm sure that my sensitive to it is amplified by being on spectrum, and I know it's def not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd definitely appreciate an option. I'm totally ok to pay more for crew loyalty increase upfront to offset this. I like investing in crew and people on ship, so don't want to skip that part of game.

it looks like a small thing, but I can't tell you how much more enjoyable X4 is that there's no crew upkeep and such. it basically frees up cognitive load and bandwidth on other (more fun challenges). keeping track of X4 empire and cost of mismanaging it is sure already an upkeep for me. :)

I'm yapping about X4 and evochron because I wish I knew about these two games decades ago! well, at least I get to benefit from polish and many updates and learnings over time. :)

P.S. if there's already a way to mod this, let me know!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wishlist: ASD/on spectrum friendly console commands?

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome.

There isn't currently a way to change a 'decay' rate since there isn't really a decay factor involved, only margin comparisons. And those comparisons are a fairly solidified baseline game rule (balancing pay with skill, achievements, and objective selection and completion is a core fundamental of the intended equation). However, there are some considerations and technically a way around reductions that may be of interest.

There really isn't 'decay' per se, only decreases if certain events occur (failing contracts) or minimums aren't provided (pay). All that's needed is for pay to be above a minimum baseline and their loyalty will generally only go up (just by completing contracts or allowing pay cycles to finish). And you can offset that expense artificially in the sandbox mode (which may be what you're referring to with the console command). Just add in whatever credits you need to overpay them by a wide margin whenever you want. You can then forget about it for very long periods of time. To overboost their pay faster, press and hold the Alt key when you're in the crew management console. Then add '+500' many times until the margin is way over the 'Fair Wage' level. Any 'decay'/declination won't occur at that point over pay cycles.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

If you can afford it, pay your crew about 4 times what they're worth. The trick, then, is to never fail a mission. Or, if you do, then don't dock. Any crewmember who is not at 100% will likely jump ship if you dock after failing a contract. If need be, just exit the game without saving and then come back into the game, more the wiser. Once your crewmember gets to 100% loyalty, you're safe from being abandoned. Unless you run out of credits.
rudistarset08
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rudistarset08 »

Thank you so much for detailed info, that's perfect! Especially since using console in sandbox mode let's me give precise amount of credits (so I can offset some parts of game while keeping others as a challenge), and sandbox still supports multiplayer too!

Bought the game on steam to support it (and looking forward to the learning cliff lol), and I'll also leave a review note that for players who are on fence about accessibility, there are few options in sandbox mode that help (it's basically that type of reviews that makes me often buy games. For example I loved SOMA sci-fi story and feel, but couldn't stand the horror mechanic. then one day review came out that said that story-only mode was out. insta-buy)

Also thank ya'll for being welcoming community!