Sandbox mode no consequences?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Sandbox mode no consequences?

Post by matchbox2022 »

Isn't sandbox mode a little OP?

I guess I'm concerned about players going from perhaps too much grinding to absolutely none, but I think the biggest concern might be PvP multiplayer if people can simply spam hull points and destroying the target player.
I know the quest system can do this but that was limited to single player (as well as any magic jumping).
Even if servers don't allow sandbox mode, I don't know (would love players to tell me otherwise here) how many people would then use multiplayer online as they'd need to ditch their sandbox single player profile which they can warp wherever and get 9999999999 credits with invincibility on anyways...aka no consequences really...as opposed to MP where there'd be consequences (or worse, none in PvP battles and spamming all day).

Some things in sandbox like some magic jumping and no fuel make sense but I think people will end up pulling a kerbal space program and just play in that and limit replayability.
Just a humble opinion and I may be totally wrong and people all want this.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sandbox mode no consequences?

Post by Vice »

The two modes are not interchangeable, they have separate multiplayer modes and separate profiles. They also can't use the target destroy option against other players, even in sandbox mode. But it was added so those who want to 'cheat' can do so without impacting other players and those who want to stick with standard gameplay can do so also. The sandbox mode was added due to the number of requests received for it, but it was kept as a separate gameplay mode so as to preserve the original standard mode.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

thank goodness! I though it affected PvP multiplayer, but wouldn't someone still be able to spam repair on a sandbox server?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

If a server is set to allow it, yes. But they'd have to be a really fast typer :) Most servers will likely be standard, but I'd imagine there are some who may use it to play with family/friends on private servers.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations